Getting forum update emails daily

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

zoltan

Reaction score
Suddenly I've started getting forum update emails daily instead of monthly. I can't seem to find where to change that setting.

Can anyone help me out?

Shelton

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
At the bottom of each is "unsubscribe HERE" . When you do that you will stop getting them, and cannot get them back if you change your mind. But if you would like me to stop it for you here, I can, but it will stop all emails (even Alert) from the forum, until you let me know you want to receive them again. The newsletter does not work off the basic forum settings, so you can only use the "unsubscribe HERE" if I don't do it.

zoltan

Reaction score
That's the thing, I don't want them to stop, I'd just like for it to go back to once a month like it was before, instead of every day.

Shelton

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I don't do that setting, but I'll pass it along to the one that does those settings.

Shelton

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone is getting them. The newsletter s/w changed. You can go to the bottom and do the "unsubscribe HERE". Or let me know here and I can stop it, but it will stop all emails, such as alerts for new posts on a watched thread, or notification of a new message. If I do it, it can be reversed, if you use "unsubscribe HERE", it cannot be undone.

CFLBob

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I think with the volume of posts on HMEM that once a week is a good rate. Once a month seemed to infrequent to me, and once a day is often one post in several threads.

I realize that's not something you do, Angie, but a thought. Maybe a poll for how often we'd like the updates?

jackalope

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I think with the volume of posts on HMEM that once a week is a good rate. Once a month seemed to infrequent to me, and once a day is often one post in several threads.

I realize that's not something you do, Angie, but a thought. Maybe a poll for how often we'd like the updates?
A poll is a great idea

Shelton

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I'll let the newsletter person know. Changes take some time (even this quick change of s/w started earlier this year in the background).

petertha

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the bottom of each is "unsubscribe HERE" . When you do that you will stop getting them, and cannot get them back if you change your mind. But if you would like me to stop it for you here, I can, but it will stop all emails (even Alert) from the forum, until you let me know you want to receive them again. The newsletter does not work off the basic forum settings, so you can only use the "unsubscribe HERE" if I don't do it.

So if I understand
- we cant change the frequency of email summary update, its either daily or nothing (by un-subscribing)
- and by unsubscribing, that not only terminates all email send-outs, it also kills all alerts? (the little red symbol in URH corner that someone has commented on a post or whatever). So then... I am left with going on the website & clicking on My Replies and/or My Posts to see any new content on respective posts.

The checkboxes don't really infer this interaction. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 6-7-2018 0000.jpg
    6-7-2018 0000.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 265