Gday from down under

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isometric

Reaction score
I'm a 16yo who loves all metalworking, be it fabricating, machining or casting.
I have a humble shop in my parents shed, but I am extremely lucky to have access to a workshop at my school, which has milling machines and lathes.
Building model engines is something which has recently fascinated me, as it seems like a challenge that would test all areas of my knowledge. The only thing is I can't seem to find a fairly simple engine design to start with, learn the basics and go from there.
If any of you have suggestions that would be fantastic.
Cheers.

I really like the poppin flame licker because they look like an old engine, you don't have the expense of an ignition system and you can run them in the house. I use 6mm aluminium plate for the frame and cast iron for the cylinder and piston. I have made five of them and they all work. the plans are on john tom, they are imperial but I just round the sizes up in metric and make the last couple of pieces to fit. If you had to buy all the material it shouldn't be more than $100 au with a bit of leftover.

Latest posts

Back