G'day from Brisbane

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobH3852

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am looking forward to becoming active on the forum, and building some interesting engines.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob
Glad to see another Local
Welcome :cool:
Pete

G'day Bob, Thm:
Welcome from Burpengary. wEc1
Cheers. *beer*

I am a new member and am enjoying reading all the posts,I am not an outgoing person and if I have nothing of interest to post then I will not post. I would have announced my presence to the forum as a newbie but at 63 I lack the computer savvy. To get to the point I am no less a model engine builder and enthusiast than someone with 200 posts,I wonder how many posts Edgar .T. Westbury would have had were the great man still with us? To delete a few ads of very real interest to the members smacks off pettiness,I am willing to take my punishment for saying this.

To delete a few ads of very real interest to the members smacks off pettiness,I am willing to take my punishment for saying this.
I don't think you will be punished :D
The moderation of this forum is ..... ummm ... different to the vast majority I visit, but I try to ignore the weirdness and bad stuff, it is worth hanging around for the good stuff.

Welcome from another Brissy guy.

Well then Bob, I had better say g'day from Richmond, NW of Sydney, although I happen to be in Adelaide for a week visiting family. Cool and raining here.

This is a great forum, quite a few Aussies (for the rest of you guys, except Kiwis of course, it sounds like Ozzies LoL). Interesting to read some of the Oz posts, often quite a different outlook on things. The Yanks are mostly ok too...

Regards, RossG
radial1951

Welcome Bob - I am a relative newbee too - currently deep into a Forest Edwards Radial. Let us Aussies show what we can do and get into an engine ASP.
Cheers Brian wEc1

Hi Bob. Welcome! I'm a newbie in Brisbane too. Not far from you in Rochedale.

What sort of projects are you planning / interested in?

Dave.

Thanks Guys, I am looking forward to getting into my first build, I have my own Toolroom, I own a Injection Moulding company, and have wanted to build a V8 for years, I am going to design my own, it will be machined from Billet, and will share any designs i produce, and a progress report of course.
I have designed and built hundreds of Injection moulds, and have a 5 axis CNC, 3 axis CNC, manual mill, Lathe, surface grinder, and an EDM Machine.

Cheers
Bob

5 axis CNC, 3 axis CNC, manual mill, Lathe, surface grinder, and an EDM Machine.
Weeeeeeellllllllll Hello friend...................:D:D:D

Another Brisbane member checking in. I've been spending an unreasonable amount of my spare time reading threads in here for the past month or so, particularly enjoyed RobW's series of trials and tribulations. I'm at Mount Gravatt but... well... I guess I'm a pretender, not having any equipment to partake in cutting metal but thoroughly enjoying watching others do so, wait, I guess that makes me more of a voyeur than a pretender. Hrm. food for thought.

-Adam.

Welcome Bob, from down in rainy and cold Melbourne. Why didn't I make models when I had a toolroom, it would have been so easy on the machines that I had, CNC mill, CNC lathe, wirecutter, spark eroder, surface and cylindrical grinders, lots of manual mills etc. plus all that material could have been tax deductible. I suppose it was the same old story, too busy trying to make a living and get enough work in.

Paul.

Welcome guys, good to see a few on the south side of Brissy. Maybe we should get together for a beer one day.

Glad to be able to entertain some of you guys...

Latest posts

Back