Gatling Gun

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

Badhippie

Reaction score
Do you still have plans for the gat
Lost Kiwi,
It's unfortunate to hear of Paul's passing, there have too many such reports on the long term contributors to the machining hobby these days. I may be able to help in your search for plans. I ordered a set of the RG-G plans many years ago and the build has been on my "to do list" ever since. Still haven't got around to it yet. There was a shipping SNAFU and I wound up with two sets of plans, neither of which I can locate at the moment. I will take some time in the next few days for a thorough search and provide an update then.
Steve
Hello
Do you still have a set of plans for the RG-G gun if you do would you be willing to sell a copy of them
Thank you
Tom

dnalot

Project of the Month Winner !!!
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you still have a set of plans for the RG-G gun if you do would you be willing to sell a copy of them
The drawings are very large, 24" by 36". A commercial copier would be needed to make copies. As they are stamped "COPYRIGHT MATERIAL, DO NOT COPY" I do not expect anyone would make copies. And even if they would I would not want to do so. I became friends with Paul after many conversations with him on the phone. I respect his wishes that his property be protected.

Mark T

Badhippie

Reaction score
Mark
I completely understand I did not know they were copyrighted. I have heard from others they were not copyrighted. Are you willing to sell them???
Thanks
Tom

dnalot

Project of the Month Winner !!!
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark
I completely understand I did not know they were copyrighted. I have heard from others they were not copyrighted. Are you willing to sell them???
Thanks
Tom
They will stay with the gun. Future owners will need them to make repairs. The design is very fragile. I don't shoot it because I got tired of repairing it.

Mark T

retailer

Reaction score
Plans are out there you just have to look, I found and downloaded a set - .22 cal -12 pages in all - not sure if these are the same the plans refered to in this thread - some of the pages are not that legible but there is enough info there for keen builder - I won't post them here in case they are copyright. The screen shot is the first page if someone can confirm these plans are not copyright I'll post them in the forum if it is ok with the moderators.
A project like this is not on list of things to do and every now and again go through my downloads and delete stuff that is just taking up HD space.
Screenshot 2022-09-20 105214.jpg

Rocket Man

Reaction score
I built a gatling gun that shoots BBs about 1985.. I used an air compressor or portable air tank for power. It would shoot about 1000 BBs in 1 minute. 10 gun barrels were made with steel brake line tubing. Most of the other parts were aluminum. Boss at work shoot about 5000 BBs into the sheet rock wall. LOL. Someone offered me a crazy unreal about of $$$$$ for it so I sold it. OH well I had FUN making it and FUN shooting it.

PeterDRG

Reaction score
A friend of mine in Arizona built four of them. He put them on pintle mountings on the back of his pick up and used to go out into the desert and shoot up rabbits. He didn't mention any issues.

Badhippie

Reaction score
Retailer
I do not see any copyright information on the print. But it’s also hard to zoom in on it and read it. Very well can you tell who did the print???

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey rocket man! Would you have plans for the bb gatling gun? Sounds like a fun project. I used to have a bb cannon and it was a big hit at the shows nut I ended up giving it to a little kid who liked it more than me.

Vixen

Reaction score
Retailer
I think you will find the 12 pages of download prints are copyright of RG-G Inc, Paul Moore 1991.
The copyright information has been hidden by whoever copied the prints. Note the gun icon beside the copyright declaration.

Mike

Attachments

• gatling copyright.jpg
    gatling copyright.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0

retailer

Reaction score
You are probably correct about the copyright - screenshot of page 7 drawing info - looks like a sticker has been placed over the copyright notice.

Screenshot 2022-09-20 215914.jpg

Badhippie

Reaction score
Yep I won’t mess with them if they are copyrighted. I won’t step on Paul’s toes or his family’s Thanks everyone

lucca

Reaction score
There is an OpenSource Gatling Gun style available at GitHub - trooker/Progessive-Battery-Discharge-Assembly. It was designed to employ multiple HK USC sub-assemblies (45ACP caliber). Aside from providing a design site has a "Supporting Information" folder with a bountiful bundle of helpful artifacts specific to the Gatling Gun design.
p184_hkgatling.png

DavidBC

Reaction score
I found this information on the Internet. Can only see the Manufacturers name and details but nothing to say it is copyrighted.

DavidB

Attachments

• Colt Model 1911 30 cal Gatling Gun Blueprints.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 0

a41capt

Reaction score
I built a gatling gun that shoots BBs about 1985.. I used an air compressor or portable air tank for power. It would shoot about 1000 BBs in 1 minute. 10 gun barrels were made with steel brake line tubing. Most of the other parts were aluminum. Boss at work shoot about 5000 BBs into the sheet rock wall. LOL. Someone offered me a crazy unreal about of $$$$$ for it so I sold it. OH well I had FUN making it and FUN shooting it.
I bought some .177” ID stainless tubing with the thought of making a BB Gatling gun, but never found the plans. Only thing I’ve found are “Cloud” type automatic BB guns, and that’s not what I had in mind.

Any chance you can share the link or plans for the BB Gatling gun you created?

Thanks in advance,
John W

Rocket Man

Reaction score
Hey rocket man! Would you have plans for the bb gatling gun? Sounds like a fun project. I used to have a bb cannon and it was a big hit at the shows nut I ended up giving it to a little kid who liked it more than me.

Not sure I still have plans but I might that was 36 years ago. There was 2 aluminum pieces about 3" diameter 1/2" thick that hold 10 barrels. Barrels are automotive brake line tubing. There was a tiny magnet in the aluminum at each gun barrel to hold onto a BB so it could not get away. The gun barrel assembly rotates inside a larger tube about 1/3 full of BBs. As the barrels rotate each barrel picks up a BB. Air at the top blows BBs out as each barrel passes the air hole. The faster you turn the crank the faster it shoots. Clearance at the air gap as the barrels is .0005 so there is minimum air leak. Unscrew the cap on the gun body pour in about 5000 or 6000 BBs then screw in the cap, its ready to shoot again. Very simple design. Gun barrels were 12" long. 100 psi air was enough to make BBs stick in sheet rock walls & wooden boards. Boss man at work had fun playing Rambo he shot the hell out several office walls, fork lift, company truck and other things too. LOL.

Last edited: