Gatling Gun

Help Support HMEM:

lucca

Reaction score
The copyright on the RG-G, Inc web page is ambiguous. It list 2001, 2021. That seems to indicate a recent update of the content to the web site. But there is no indication that the plans have been "update with new content" since 2001. The RG-G, Inc web page indicates that Fantum Innovations updated "something".

What to do: (May be)
1> Protect the RG-G, Inc intellectual property to the full extent of its copyright.
2> Contact the only active entity that seems to have an interest in the web site (Fantum Innovations). Notify them that you would like to communicate with one of their customers.
(see the Fantum Innovations contact information given further below. Discovered from searching the Internet)
3> If you move forward with "exact reproduction" of any of the content do so only for "non-commercial usage". Clearly label each artifact as originating from RG-G, Inc copyright material, identify any changes you make, label each artifact as "permitted for non-commercial useage only" and "no warranty is made regarding the serviceability or fitness for use".
4> Place the artifacts in the OpenSource community or on GITHUB.com.
5> Document everything and your attempts to contact RG-G, Inc.
The above path has been used in similar instance (copyright material and firearms) without issue.

The RG-G, Inc web site was updated by Fantum Innovations, Inc "FO".
Robert Renner
Fantum Innovations Inc
Address: 15 Harker Cir, Rockwall, TX 75087
Phone: (972) 772-8839

lucca

Reaction score
Ron,

The Fantum Innovations entity appears to be an small, interesting organization in Texas. They list RG-G, Inc's web site as one of their clients. So they or the Sectary of State for Texas might be the best contact for attempting to find an active agent representing RG-G, Inc (Texas Secretary of State). If RG-G, Inc is truly an active corporation and registered in Texas, the SOS should have a registration and the address of an agent/officers for/of RG-G, Inc.

I have no direct access to the RG-G, Inc plans. Nor do I intend to pursue that avenue further.

If one is interested the original Dr. Gatling rotating machine plans for his device are available free as a download ble *.pdf from the US Copyright Office: Gatling Gun. If one can "locate" Eddie Nazif one might be able to acquire 3D rendering of the RG-G, Inc version.

If you are interested in a "hoot" of a project that is FTA street legal (2012) you might consider the USC to UMP converstion: Website Designl. But check your local/state regulations before beginning. I have used my converted carbine to hunt wild pigs in SW Texas. But I found that a old bolt action rifle is still best for that task.

KellisRJ

Ron
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Understand. I've tried to track down a probably deceased copywright owner. Not easy to say the least. And my "I'm a gunna." list is already long.

lohring

Reaction score
If you are interested in a "hoot" of a project that is FTA street legal (2012) you might consider the USC to UMP converstion: Website Designl. But check your local/state regulations before beginning. I have used my converted carbine to hunt wild pigs in SW Texas. But I found that a old bolt action rifle is still best for that task.

My browser says that link is to a dangerous site.

Lohring Miller

lucca

Reaction score
Well you can trust me.

++ Or........<<Cautiously recommended approach to dangerous sites!!!>> Depending upon my "need" to access a "dangerous site", I sometime risk it if I have a warm fuzzy feeling about the site. But I do so cautiously and use Clonezilla to make frequent system image backups in case I am ever burned by this approach

++ Or you can contact https://www.ait.com/. AIT is the firm in Fayetteville, NC that host my web account (Welcome to Abbott Analytical Products). You should be able to start a chat with a repesentative to determine the authenticity of my site.

++ Or you can check my GITHub account (trooker - Overview). I had not planned on uploading the USC Conversion Project since it is from 2013. But I can upload the content (web pages, images, etc). If you still have suspicions, open the web pages, other text documents, from GITHUB. If you are satisfied after that, download the bundle using the "Code" button. After the download you will be able to view the web pages and content as you would have from the original abbottanp.com web page.

Give me a few of hours to complete the upload (Aug 21 1422 hr EDST). At the moment I do not have a "good" project name for this effort. But it will have "USC" some where in the name.

lucca

Reaction score
The entire contents of the reported "dangerous web page" (USC to UMP Conversion) has been uploaded to an account on GITHUB. From that account you can safely view the content of the individual web pages as text, safely view the images, and download the artifacts that satisfy your needs for security. The folder "addendum" has been added to that GITHUB repository. This added folder has additional artifacts from the 2017 timeframe which might also be helpful to future CAD/CAM milling of the "one" real bit of machining required to facilitate this largely hand-tool machining project.

Reaching the GITHUB repository the USC to UMP Conversion Repository:
See the two attached images for hints.
+ Access: trooker - Overview
+ Locate and select the Hot Link "Repository" to obtain the list of my accounts repositories.
+ Select the "USC_Conversion_Compliant" repository to reach that page's content
+ From the USC_Conversion_Compliant page brows, investigate, review, and view the web pages (*.html), folders, and images until you reach a satisfactory point where you are comfortable with downloading.
+ When ready use the "Code" button on the USC_Conversion_Compliant page to start the download process.
+ Once the download has completed on you local machine use your default browser to view the hkpage1.html page first. It should allow you to link to pages in good order.

Post Script:
The effort to revisit this 2013 and 2017 project helped to solve a current issue I have been having milling a fishing lure with a ‎Bézier curved surface. Thanks for making the observation that prompted this effort.

Attachments

willray

Reaction score
++ Or you can contact https://www.ait.com/. AIT is the firm in Fayetteville, NC that host my web account (Welcome to Abbott Analytical Products). You should be able to start a chat with a repesentative to determine the authenticity of my site.
As far as I can tell, the "this site is dangerous" warning, is generated because your trustable AIT hosting company, has decided to redirect the URL you provided ("/ abbottanp . com / artifacts / hkusc / hkpage1.htm "), indirectly via typhoon.tybit.com, to AIT's front web-hosting-services page.

You might want to ask them why that's happening.

MarshSt

Reaction score
The RG-G site still has an active link to their forum. I will post a question there and see if I can get a response from someone representing the family.
Steve

lucca

Reaction score
Thanks go to you guys who noted that my Welcome to Abbott Analytical Products web site is being reported as "dangerous". After communicating with my web hosting company I learned that my site needs an SSL certificate. Since I use the site as my commonplace book I am not ready to purchase the annual subscription for that level of security.

But as mentioned previously, the artifacts of interest have all been "pushed" to the public GITHUB repository (GitHub - trooker/USC_Conversion_Compliant: This project describes the conversion of a standard USC to a compliant UPM format.). The compliant parts used in the 2013 project may no longer be available. A recent search using "USC to UMP conversion" show plenty of sources parts and related assistance.

joerom

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
You can still get plans for the D&E Gatling Gun..He has a facebook page.......