Gast pump...model DOA-153 ?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V 45

Reaction score
Not sure if this is right sub forum or should it be in questions section ?

I picked this up from accross the street for free. I was wandering if it would have enough juice to power small CO2 engines. Currently I'm working on a V2 CO2 D.Kerzel design. I haven't found this particular pump on line. Here is one that is very simular.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/GA...cm_sp=IO-_-IDP-_-RR_VTV70300505&cm_vc=IDPRRZ1

This is the one I have...I plugged it in and it runs !! Took the lid off to check filters and they crumbled once I touched them. The cord needs replaced, not a big deal. The air hose leaks, I have something to replace it with. It is a Gast model DOA-153, 1/8 HP, 115 volts, 4.0 amps, 60 hz. Do you think it's worth fixing up for my purpose ??

Thanx again...V 45
compressorGast.jpg

They are a nice oilless pump. Parts can be expensive, just bought 4 pistons with rods, and a gasket and valve kit. Give it clean air as it uses fiber rings and the cylinder is a smooth bore in aluminum so you don't want to ingest anything..

Thanx for the tip !! I will have to find some foam to replace the old stuff.
V 45

IIRC the vapor pressure of CO2 is pretty high and the valves on CO2 engines are momentary open affairs.
I ould thing tht compressor would not devier a high enoug pressure for a CO2 engine. but would be suited to most medium sided (1/2) bore woblers and the like.

Keep it fix it.
Tin

Latest posts

Back