Gas Turbine build, pictorial build log.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
le capteur de régime est optiques ou magnétiques ? a comme poster ce détail dans spiner ?

the RPM sensor is magnetic? How is the built-in magnet have any specifics?

I have built a few gas turbines (using turbochargers)as the core
Not quite modells but small scale
This is how we start them

Words fail me! It's one of those points in life where your brain says "run away from those scary insane people" while your heart says "God, what I'd give for a few laps of Brands on that thing with the afterburner howling".

Hi Steve, I have a doubt on a circuit of componeten RPM. It is unclear what would qualify that called the 5v line to ground? and the 10uF tantalum capacitors can be replaced by other types of capacitors?
att.

Hi fabinho,

Hi Steve, I have a doubt on a circuit of componeten RPM. It is unclear what would qualify that called the 5v line to ground?
Are you referring to the SS495 hall effect device ? If so perhaps this link will clear things up. http://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/ss495-series/12446 My circuit uses the SS495A device.
and the 10uF tantalum capacitors can be replaced by other types of capacitors?
Any 10uf capacitor can be used, they are just bypass caps. I just prefer tantalum caps.

Regards,

Steve.

Not Steve mean that circulated

2pr9s2b.jpg

That's just another bypass cap, 0.1uf, preferably a monolithic ceramic, but any cap will do.

Regards,

Steve.

Goodnight Steve. I chose to buy a Linear Magnetic Sensor Module For Arduino (LM393 Hall Sensor Module for Arduino ). I would like to know if you help me in the program by changing it to use with this sensor? and in which the Arduino pin should I use?

modulo-sensor-magnetico-linear-para-arduino-270501-MLB20336633736_072015-O.jpg

modulo-sensor-magnetico-linear-para-arduino-543501-MLB20336633733_072015-O.jpg

fabinho,

Do you have a link to schematics and specifications of this sensor board ?

There should not be any changes needed to the arduino side if this sensor board produces a TTL compatible +5v signal and has the equivolent magnetic sensitivity of the the original design.

Regards,

Steve.

OK Steve. I managed to make the change. Thanks for the attention.

good afternoon Steve in the search I did not find succeeding and stuff that you used to make the nozzles have you tell me what material used and what are the measures?

Fabinho,

The reason there are no nozzle drawings is I never drew them. There didn't seem much point in making nozzles until testing of the turbine section was completed.
When I get the new turbine wheel and NGV completed I will start on the nozzles.

Regards,

Steve.

Good morning Steve as the load balancer that you did, it worked well. I'm thinking of building a, too, would like to know from you if he needs some specific program if you have with you send me more details. grateful Fábio

This thing looks really amazing.

There are a couple of really basic things I wanted to know.

1)
Could methane used as the fuel to run this engine?

2)
Are there any plans available how to build gas turbines to run with much slower rpm and still get an affordable efficiency?

This thing looks really amazing.

There are a couple of really basic things I wanted to know.

1)
Could methane used as the fuel to run this engine?

2)
Are there any plans available how to build gas turbines to run with much slower rpm and still get an affordable efficiency?

Sorry for the late reply, I'm just home from a sudden 10 day hospital stay.

I don't see any reason to not use methane as a fuel. Gas turbines run on just about any hydrocarbon. The appropriate precautions for containing the methane would be the biggest drawback.

I've seen a build of a 2:1 scale up of an FD3/64 on the GTBA forum. This engine self sustained at about 1800 rpm and last I heard had been test run up to ~22k rpm.

Regards,

Steve.

good afternoon Steve. right where you live the inconel is facio acquisition? because where I live I couldn't still find so I had to do my all stainless turbine.

Latest posts

Back