• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gaging the market - Casting for the Sun-Planet Engine for Sale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the plans section and didn't see any plans for the sun-planet engine. Can anyone provide a link?

I went to the plans section and didn't see any plans for the sun-planet engine. Can anyone provide a link?
I had the same problem. Then it just popped up. I've seen it several times since but I've already got my copy. Try that thread again, and don't forget to look thru the pages--there's three pages, i thimk.

you getting enough response to make those castings?

Nope. Not looking good.

Perhaps I'm asking too much?
Perhaps my design isn't as neat as I think?
Perhaps the amateur casting quality is a deal killer?
Perhaps this hobby is dying faster than I thought?

It doesn' t matter though. I'm not taking this personally. I just wanted to.... (Hell, I don't know what I wanted to do with this.)

As for shipping to Washington State, US Post Priority Mail is a bit under $8.00 to ship. That's why the cost is $48 US. 40 bucks for me and eight for shipping.

It's doesn't matter, unless others commit in the next few days (May 25 cutoff) this will be dead.

My mind's on other things now anyways. I recently sold my 1965 Corvair Convertible and have my sights on my next toy:
MG TG.jpg

Last edited:
Ved,
Is that an MG? What year is it? Anyway, Grasshopper here (Dave Yatsko) with some pictures of my progress on the Contessa. I'm a self taught machinist and I don't have the expertise of you master machinists. The only thing that took me a long time to establish was the center point for the cylinder and valve port. Other than that, I was OK. I am waiting for a 5-40 die to finish the con rod to see if mine actually runs. Can't see any reason why it won't. I have some suggestions for Ved in the blue prints and will discuss them with him. Mainly, I made my valve rod as one piece. I couldn't see the reason for making it in so many parts. So far, it turns nicely. And for some of us who don't have CNC machines, I had to scan the Cam outline page and reduce it until it was what I thought was to spec. Then I cut it out and glued it to a brass rectangle, drilled the 1/4 inch hole and cut and grinded it on a disk/belt sander until finished. The biggest deviation from spec was only about 15 thousandths.
Grasshopper

Attachments

• IMG_4922[1].JPG
    IMG_4922[1].JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_4923[1].JPG
    IMG_4923[1].JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_4924[1].JPG
    IMG_4924[1].JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 157
Back