G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobWarfield

Reaction score
I got tired of keeping up with spreadsheets, notes of various tips I'd learned, and links to all sorts of manufacturer web sites. So I started writing G-Wizard, a machinist's calculator. It's in the testing phase at the moment, but you're all welcome to try it out. G-Wizard looks like this:

GWiz4Up.jpg

It has the following functions:

- Unit Conversions
- Fractions
- Feeds and Speeds with compensation for chip thinning, lead angle, depth of cut, and ballnosed cutters
- Triangle/Trigonometry calculations including right and oblique triangles
- Bolt circles
- Dovetails
- Tapers
- Chamfers
- Chords
- True Position
- Thread reference information for UN, ISO Metric, and Pipe threads
- Drill index
- Socket Head Cap Screw dimensions
- Area and Volume calculator with catalog of standard fabrication shapes. Estimate volumes, weights, and costs for your raw materials

G-Wizard is still under construction, so it's free during the Beta period. Some day I mean to charge a little bit for it (hoping to get a bigger lathe, LOL!).

If you want to try it, details on how to get it are on the G-Wizard home page:

http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Cheers,

BW

Hi Bob
Sent you an email regarding the testing of this app.
Good luck with it and look forward to being a beta tester.
Regards
Gordy

Looking forward to beta testing it, so far it looks really good.

Thanks guys, I think I got you both set up.

Best,

BW

I have had it for several weeks now. Bob has done a grea job with the program. I know once I am back in the shop working it will really be handy.

I have it as well, Thank you Bob well done. Kvom you need your email address to register.
Dave

Tried the install but it wants some Adobe rubbish installing first and I won't allow any adobe rubbish on this machine.

John S.

Hi Bob

i will give it a try email sent.

Cheers Paul

Hi Bob

great looking program,,,,,looks like a must for the shop comp

Regards Rob

Skiprat you doing night shift :big: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big:

kvom said:
I downloaded it, but obviously need something else to "register". Let me know.

Kvom, the details are on the web page:

http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Essentially, just send me an email with your first and last name to [email protected]. I'll put you into the registration list and send you a note back. At the point, you are ready to install and you enter your email as your logon.

Best,

BW

John Stevenson said:
Tried the install but it wants some Adobe rubbish installing first and I won't allow any adobe rubbish on this machine.

John S.

Yep, there is a definite rubbish requirement! Sorry that doesn't work out for you John.

Cheers,

BW

I tried to install this in my lap top and it blocked me out of HMEM and Madmodder web sites it kept saying they were unavailable so I took it back out and had to restart my computer before everything was back to normal does any body know what might have caused this. Cliff.

Cliff, that's got to be a coincidence. Nothing G-Wizard does could in any way affect your access to 2 web sites.

BTW, I've got nobody named "Cliff" on my list of approved G-Wizard users. Send an email to get enabled.

Best,

BW

Latest posts

Back