Fusion360

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gld

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with Fusion. I haven't run it for over a month. The program will open fine. The drop-down menus work but I cannot select an item from any of the drop-down menus.

I hope it's an update problem, as my other programs are working normally. I running Windows 7.

I have tried a reinstall. That did not work, so tech support next.

I all so left the app open for well over an hour to see if an update was downloading. That didn't work either.

Oh, when I uninstalled, the file was 187meg. The new install showed over 2gig. :wall:

First uninstall using Windows. Second & third using Fusion cleaner.
For the forth time, I did a manual uninstall. Reinstall did not work.
A brief description of my problem:

After the GUI loads I go to create new component and it will not select. Next I go to sketch and select line that will bring up the sketch pad and allow me to select a plane and allow me to draw a line. I can draw a box with line tool but none of the other tools in the sketch menu will work. At this point none of the drop-down menus will function. I can do a right click select create extrude and extrude the Box. The extrude window opens up but none of the items can be selected. To exit extrude I have to hit the return key.
The Help menu will drop down but none of the items can be selected. I cannot close the program using the X in the upper right hand corner I can however right click on the tab in the task bar and select close program from there.

Have my problem posted on Autodesk support form.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/bd-p/962
No solution as yet.

Hi Gary,

I know it works on a subscription basis, is your subscription up to date or do you need to renew your hobby licence?

First uninstall using Windows. Second & third using Fusion cleaner.
For the forth time, I did a manual uninstall. Reinstall did not work.
A brief description of my problem:

After the GUI loads I go to create new component and it will not select. Next I go to sketch and select line that will bring up the sketch pad and allow me to select a plane and allow me to draw a line. I can draw a box with line tool but none of the other tools in the sketch menu will work. At this point none of the drop-down menus will function. I can do a right click select create extrude and extrude the Box. The extrude window opens up but none of the items can be selected. To exit extrude I have to hit the return key.
The Help menu will drop down but none of the items can be selected. I cannot close the program using the X in the upper right hand corner I can however right click on the tab in the task bar and select close program from there.

Have my problem posted on Autodesk support form.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/bd-p/962
No solution as yet.

I've only been using since May. Have a hobby license. Haven't been notified it expired. The way it acts I am beginning to think it is not getting fully installed.

Thanks everyone for your input.

It seems there was not a software problem. In the trouble shooting process, started have the same issues in other software. Could not find any virus or malware, so ordered a new laptop.
It has not arrived yet.

Problem solved I hope.

Thanks everyone for your input.

It seems there was not a software problem. In the trouble shooting process, started have the same issues in other software. Could not find any virus or malware, so ordered a new laptop.
It has not arrived yet.

Problem solved I hope.

That is a pretty extreme solution to a software problem isn't it? Maybe i don't understand the problem completely, but it had the feel of a software issue.

Problem solved. I had to boot the computer in safe mode then download Malwarebytes. Malware found 140 items that needed to be deleted. After deleting those items everything is back to normal thank goodness.

Latest posts

Back