Fusion 360

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolman82274

Reaction score
Hello my fellow home model engine machinistors. Now I don't work for company or trying to make a advertisement. I was recently turn to this cad cam program called fusion 360 by Autodesk. I tried it out and it was really simple and they have tutorial videos on youtube that are really helpful. the best part is that if you just want basic 3d 3 axis it is free. You simply download and have a 30 day trial and then it ask if you are using for a hobby or a student. I use it for work and hobby to make replacement parts for dies and engineer creations and it works great. It has about any machine post processor out there and lots of bells and whistles for a free program. Other guys at my work have solidworks and Fusion is very similar and its free. Give it a look and see what you think. If any questions Ill try to answer. Thanks for your time . Tim Taylor from Illinois.

Hi Toolman

Fusion 360 sure does get a lot of good press but in the end it is still an AutoCAD product. I've never had much of a positive image of AutoCad mostly due the the extremely high prices on what are now outdated CAD programs. Today Fusion 360 is free for hobbiests but how long before we have to pay $5000 for a "license" to use the software? To put it another way I don't trust AutoCad.

The flip side is that there are a lot of users in the maker community and that is always a good thing.

Fusion 360 does offer you the choice to revert to the old menu style, go to the top right of the screen and open the Preferences screen behind your name, check the revert box and re-start the program. Another of Lars tips.

Latest posts

Back