• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale FS casting for Wright Radial

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byawor

Reaction score
These are the best castings I have ever seen They are die cast not sand so finish is really nice. I bought these years ago from the guy in Norway I think. The flying club there
commissioned a professional machinist to build the engine and then sold castings to defray the cost. Building instructions included. I had dreams of using these on a v twin but
realistically will never happen so I would sell them. I think they are worth $US100.
Bob

Attachments

• wright.jpg
    wright.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 389
I would like them!
Please pm me to sort out the details.
Thanks.

Hi Bob,

I have sent you a sort of PM with my address, a little difficult to figure out on this site! please let me know if you got it.

Hi Bob,

Just noticed that their is 2 rocker covers in the picture, not 4. Do you have the other 2?
No problem either way, will still take them.

These are the best castings I have ever seen They are die cast not sand so finish is really nice. I bought these years ago from the guy in Norway I think. The flying club there
commissioned a professional machinist to build the engine and then sold castings to defray the cost. Building instructions included. I had dreams of using these on a v twin but
realistically will never happen so I would sell them. I think they are worth $US100.
Bob
If nobody else gets them, I will. 100? Not a problem I'll pay shipping too.

Jim Wright
Belfair, Washington.

Sorry guys, I have every intention of completing the transaction…… but you never know.

Not sure exactly what you are asking . I look at it as 18 pairs or sets just as I might for a race car. I would make them as a machining project. Plan each move and tool used. Similar to what a cnc machine might be programmed to do. You may end up with some kind of holding fixture. Just another machining and mfg. set up. Yes it will take time whether they are cut from solid or machined castings. I think I migh explore 3D metal printing. I’ve made fixtures for forming snd welding fuel tanks and seats in the racers over the years. Sometimes the fixture took longer to make than the product. Often the time and material costs were recovered on the second or third remake. I most certainly would create cad models first to see what the finished part looks like.
Byron

Hi wirralcnc,

Going to jump in here, I would be VERY interested in getting one more head/rocker box set. My ideal use for the heads I have would be a 3 cylinder radial……. Just one short at the moment!

I have 20 heads and 40 boxes and covers

Attachments

• 20210815_164524_copy_1734x2312.jpg
    20210815_164524_copy_1734x2312.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 20210815_164517_copy_1734x2312.jpg
    20210815_164517_copy_1734x2312.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 215
Wow!
That is quite a stash. I wish I had bought a bunch when the original designer was still around.
Would you be willing to part with some?

I'm sure they where sold as a set of 10. 9 for the radial and a spare used for 1st set ups etc. I defo want to keep a set of 10. But might sell a set of 10 for the right price.

Latest posts

Back