from arkansas

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jct842

Reaction score
name is john and am 68 and retired. have small chinese mill and lathe and enjoy making chips. hope to build some engines. this looks to be a good place to get started from. just found it tonight. would like to try a stirling engine first. john

Welcome John, from another retired Arkie. wEc1 I probably have the same equipment you do. This is a great place to get started, lots of good information and good folks willing to share. And as you probably know by now, we love pictures. What area of the state are you located in?

Regards,
Rudy

John,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome John, Glad you found the forum...its the best site on the net in my opinion for inspiration, help, questions, and friendly folk of similar interests !

Regards,
Bill

Hello John welcome to the forum
I am fairly new to machining and have a few small engines under my belt but am currently trying to build the Stirling engine which you can download from the download section.
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item270
Looks a lovely engine well worth a look but it does depend on your experience. I am wondering whether i have bitten off more than i can chew :wall:
Good luck.

Rob.......

welcome john . i was born there and raised a bit then to calif we went.
there is much to do here thats for sure. what area u at my folks(uncles ect ) live in the mena area. i vist from time to time

John: Welcome to the forum .
Many of us have started out with a Chinese mini mill and mini lathe I still have mine and use them.
This is a great forum to learn. Depending on your experience and skill level, Stirling engines and flame lickers may not be the first choice for a first engine. A simple oscillator or McCabe runner may be a better choice. for first success.

Tin falcon

I live just north of Yellville. What I have is a cummins 7x12 lathe I got about 4 years ago and Harbor micro mill with a belt drive. I have made pellet gun valves and most the parts in those guns. one other thing I would like to build is a sterling to be mounted on my wood stove to power a fan! john

I have made pellet gun valves and most the parts in those guns.
oooh details, pics and plans please !!!

one other thing I would like to build is a sterling to be mounted on my wood stove to power a fan!
It has and can be done . Just be careful on that fit and finish. We want success for you on your first build. Nothing like the feeling of watching the first one run, and the second, and third...
Tin

I have printed up the plans by Darryl Boyd for a "STIRLING WALING BEAM ENGINE" made out of tin cans. The one I really like is the low heat ones but am taking advice and will try a simpler one first. Will have to find a hobby shop with some brass tubing as what I have left is very little. the hobby shop I used to go to has closed so I need to search around. If I had the parts laying around I would have it done in no time. John

Another welcome John. From a neighbor (Texas). ironman wEc1 th_wwp

Back