• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

*FREE*

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
Beautiful White Snow and Crystal Clear Ice!

Supply Practically Unlimited but Hurry for Best Selection!

You Load...

You Haul...

A $60 Value at Absolutely NO COST To You!!!!

OK so I'm no Billy Mays. :D

I'll take every bit of it! 40°C here again today!

DID I hear FREE !?
I like free ;D

tel said:
I'll take every bit of it! 40°C here again today!

Tel,Tel, Tel.....my good friend......be VERY careful what you wish for.....!

PC310104.jpg

out the front door....with and without flash
P2020076.jpg

P2020077.jpg

The pile at the end of the driveway is about as tall as the Honda....though I have seen it far worse

In the 78' blizzard....I was sent around my neighborhood digging out fire hydrants by my Dad...a fireman.

Anyway I made my way to the end of the street and I remember digging DOWN through the snow bank looking for the street sign....knowing the hydrant was three feet to the right ;D

This is what we woke up to in Chicagoland. People near Lake Michigan are still getting it.

2011_02_02_0153.jpg

2011_02_02_0154.jpg

Greg

15 deg F here in Austin. That's the coldest it has gotten in 20 years. I'm scared to death my outside fauces are going to burst. The builders don't provide inside shutoffs for the outside bibs so they are at risk. Got'em insulated, but...

Chuck

From eastern Pennsylvania:

P2020008.jpg

Gentlemen, please take note, "Ice, it's not just for cocktails anymore"

Phil

cfellows said:
15 deg F here in Austin. That's the coldest it has gotten in 20 years. I'm scared to death my outside fauces are going to burst. The builders don't provide inside shutoffs for the outside bibs so they are at risk. Got'em insulated, but...

Chuck

Leave em dripping a good bit. Better to pay the extra water bill than. . . I'm still repairing an empty house that I couldn't get to fast enough when our temps dropped to single digits. Everything froze, even the "Throne" We usually don't dip down that low, this one snuck up on us. Insulated, still froze.

Only good part is no spiders around at this temp, but still crawling around under a house chasing broken pipes I can do without.

Robert

They where warning everyone in the Southern Ontario region that we would get 30cm of snow, but we only got 15. I took a snow day anyway, and got in some machining too :big: :big:

IronHorse

the good that comes of snow is when it covers the junk in your yard you failed to rake up this past fall. Ice on the other hand can be crushed and put in a drink.

Snow and ice?

And the Blizzard of '78! I was living in eastern/central MA at the time. Quite an experience.

IMG_0965_1.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

Hehe, here too.... The last several couple of weeks in CO have been cold and snowy. (-19 or some crazy crap.) It's up to a balmy 10 degrees though. Funny how your perception of "cold" changes. It seems like shorts and T shirt weather!

The bummer is.... no snow days. It has been stubbornly hanging out at just enough accumulation to make it a PITA to get to work, but not enough to call the whole day off.

But, 60's by the weekend... YAY! (I'll probably have to cut on the AC.)

Latest posts

Back