Free ball bearings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john_k

Reaction score
Good day all,

I recently posted the offer below on Model Boat Mayhem - no takers - so if anyone here can use some . . .

Having, for a number of years, been involved in servicing digital readout equipment (much of it from the Chinese company Easson) I find I have accumulated a considerable number of defunct reader head chassis. Each of these has mounted 5 miniature ball bearings (see attached pic). The bearings are: OD 5mm., ID 2mm. and 2,5mm. thick. They have metal shields both sides. They come mounted on an M2 shouldered screw which can easily be removed if required. Also I believe them to be made of stainless material (after long storage none have ever shown signs of corrosion). I have yet to find a use for these and so I have decided to offer them to anyone who can. Depending on the response I might have to say 10 per or whatever (suggestions please). Recipients would have to pay cost of postage from South Africa.

cheers John K.

Attachments

• bearings.JPG
    bearings.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 596
Hi John,
how much is 10 per in any currency ;-)
And, how much would shipping be to Austria?

greetings
Thomas

Hi,

10 per - in case of a large number of people responding we would have to consider limiting the number of bearings for each recipient - maybe 10 per person or whatever.

The local post office is quoting ZAR 11,60 airmail for small letters (10 bearings = 4g.) so by the time it gets put into a mailing envelope, maybe around 2 euros.

cheers John K.

these
Hi,

10 per - in case of a large number of people responding we would have to consider limiting the number of bearings for each recipient - maybe 10 per person or whatever.

The local post office is quoting ZAR 11,60 airmail for small letters (10 bearings = 4g.) so by the time it gets put into a mailing envelope, maybe around 2 euros.

cheers John K.
I wouldbr grateful for a share of these and willingly reimburse your costs. Jim (UK)

Good day,

Well, the response has been completely underwhelming. I must have upwards of a hundred of these - how many can you use? Send me a pm with your postal address and I'll organise something.

cheers John K.

Hello John,

I am in Dublin Ireland, and would happily take 10-20 or fewer if you get more interest, from you.

Happy to pay also.

Kindest Regards,

Del

I would also appreciate a pack. Please contact John (jm at essexsteam dot co dot uk) and I will Paypal you postage costs

Can always make use of small bearings. 10 or 20 depending on the demand. Can paypal you for the postage.
jim dot pomeroy at gmail dot com.
Thanks for the offer.
Jim

Hi John
I could also give a good home to 10 or 20 depending what you have left available
can paypal you the postage if thats ok
don AT crystal-computing DOT co DOT uk

It appears that they may be all accounted for. But, if there are enough, I'd be willing to take them off your hands. PAYPAL?

Hi John

If we can use PayPal for payment I would be interested in 10 or 20 depending on availability. [email protected]

Shipping to
Ontario, Canada
L0M1G0

Please let me know. Thanks

Bill

Good day,

Your requests noted. I will have to start stripping the bits out - could take a little while as I still have my day job but will get things going as quickly as possible. Paypal sounds good - I have a Paypal account that I have used to buy things but never for receipts. Maybe someone out there can tell me if there is anything I will need to do.

cheers John K.

I think all we'll need is your name and the e-mail address that goes with your PayPal account, and we'll have both when you write directly to us to get our mailing addresses. We can then pay what you calculate for postage.

Many thanks for your kindness.

Latest posts

Back