• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

found on craigslist

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamilton is a very good little machine BUT, . . the working envelope, the space available for work-holding accessories and the workpiece is limited so the kind and sizes of work you'll be able to do on it will be extremely limited. The fact that it is a horizontal mill, with no provision for a vertical spindle, also limits it capabilities. For general, and even small, model engineering work I would say No to this machine, for any price.

Last edited:
To me it would only be worth maybe $20 just for parts or to modify for a single use, maybe a small surface grinder if the speed is good.

I think these are great machines. If it were local time I would at least give it a look. The little Hamilton's are US made and surprisingly heavy and rigid for their size.

Try to talk him down some, and if you want it and can afford it then why not?

I think these are great machines. If it were local time I would at least give it a look. The little Hamilton's are US made and surprisingly heavy and rigid for their size.

Try to talk him down some, and if you want it and can afford it then why not?

I have a vertical hamilton high speed precision mill and wonder if it is worth it to use as is: (convert from nc to manual) or to convert it to CNC. I am not much into building hobby machines so considering selling it. I kinda thought it was worth a hundred or so. Do you have an opinion?

hamilton mill drill nc 1 (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back