Forest and Gallice

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seadragonfoundry

Reaction score
I have resumed building this engine after a four year break, just wondering if anyone knows how many sets of castings Maury made of this engine, for the record mine is number eight.

Attachments

• 24E6338C-89E3-4761-ADB2-3ADA29A3B720.jpeg
    24E6338C-89E3-4761-ADB2-3ADA29A3B720.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 83645406-11AB-47AF-8CDC-DD1C87E05214.jpeg
    83645406-11AB-47AF-8CDC-DD1C87E05214.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 147
Seadragon, thank you for the pictures. It looks like you are making some good progress.
I didn't really keep track of how many kits I sold, happy customers were more important than quantity of sales. It's going to be more than 10 and less than 100.

I have sold the patterns to Melvin Huyard who is in the process of having more kits available. My hope is he will have a web site up soon to show what he has available, it's more than the Forest 1888.
If you have any questions about building the Forest, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
maury

Seadragon, thank you for the pictures. It looks like you are making some good progress.
I didn't really keep track of how many kits I sold, happy customers were more important than quantity of sales. It's going to be more than 10 and less than 100.

I have sold the patterns to Melvin Huyard who is in the process of having more kits available. My hope is he will have a web site up soon to show what he has available, it's more than the Forest 1888.
If you have any questions about building the Forest, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
maury
"

Where are these located? It would be nice to know as no-one here has an address in their icons. My guess is they are in Britland?[/QUOTE]

I am in Australia, pretty certain Maury is in Texas , don’t know about the person who bought his patterns. I think your name describes you well.

Yes I think Maury's company name was a big give away as to where he is located - Lone Star Engine Works

Shipping any set of patterns from the US to UK would not really be viable but still cheaper than what is being asked for the Woodpecker ones

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back