Ford Quadricycle

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Additional pictures of the engine mounted and piston assemblies.

Engine Mounted 2015 001.JPG

Engine Mounted 2015 002.JPG

Engine Mounted 2015 003.JPG

Engine Mounted 2015 004.JPG

Engine Mounted 2015 005.JPG

Engine Mounted 2015 006.JPG

Engine Mounted 2015 007.JPG

We got the cranks, connecting rods, and pistons assembled. Fixed all clearance issues using a Dremel. We had to grind quite a bit off the cranks which were hitting the frame. The connecting rods were hitting the edges of each cylinder also which was fixed. The front spindle axles are almost complete. Now we are trying to make a jig to help bend the U-bolts for the front leaf springs.

Quad_Nov_2015 001.JPG

Quad_Nov_2015 002.JPG

Quad_Nov_2015 003.JPG

Quad_Nov_2015 004.JPG

Quad_Nov_2015 005.JPG

Quad_Nov_2015 007.JPG

Quad_Nov_2015 008.JPG

Quad_Nov_2015 009.JPG

Where online can I get the plans for the Ford quadricycle? A hyperlink if you can.
Thank you in advance.

Where online can I get the plans for the Ford quadricycle? A hyperlink if you can.
Thank you in advance.

The Quadricycle is still going...I have been so busy I have not had time to work on the project. Currently we are trying to bend up our own U-Bolts. Also, some tooling had to be ordered and we are waiting for that. Progress pics to come.

The SAMI program (http://samiri.org/) helped bend up the 8 U-Bolts we needed for the Quadricycle. We were then finally able to assembly the front suspension. We also finished a few more pieces and are almost done with the exhaust heads. Lots of great progress this quarter with a couple new enthusiastic students.

SAM_2426.JPG

SAM_2427.JPG

SAM_2428.JPG

SAM_2429.JPG

SAM_2430.JPG

SAM_2431.JPG

SAM_2432.JPG

SAM_2433.JPG

SAM_2434.JPG

SAM_2435.JPG

Outstanding work!
gbritnell

The "driver's accomodation" is looking good Chris.

And the front suspension looks great too. Well done to all you guys.

Won't be long before she starts poppin'...!

Regards, Ross G
radial1951

I just dropped off all 4 rims to get trued at a local bicycle shop and left the seat with a gentleman who specializes in upholstery for classic cars. The speed adjuster parts are almost complete...then we can finish assembling the steering linkages. Things are starting to move quickly this semester!

The seat is out for custom upholstery and the rims are getting balanced at a bike pro shop. Pictures to follow of our completed speed adjuster and front suspension.

Latest posts

Back