FlourCity Tractor Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steamrguy

Reaction score
This is my first post to this forum. After a few years of learning this for you experts I decided to jump in with both feet. I have always wanted to build a FLourCity tractor engine so after building a few casting kits and gaining some experience. I started measuring one up that a friend owned. This took a couple years as he is several states away. I bought a Tormach 440 and began the learning curve. it took me about a year and a half of machining and this is what I came up with. Many thanks to you all for the expert advice I have learned from the sight over the years.

Dean Alling

FLourCity Tractor.
FlourCity Tractor.jpg
Left side
Flour City left side.jpg
Right side
FLour CIty Right Side.jpg

Video of an earlie run of the engine. The governor was an after thought and I am still working on getting it to spin. The cam is one piece, including the gear, If I had figured the governor in earlier I would have added a pulley to the cam.

Attachments

• FlourCity run.mp4
    34.7 MB
  • FLour CIty Right Side.jpg
    FLour CIty Right Side.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 299
  • FlourCity Tractor.jpg
    FlourCity Tractor.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 270
The valve train designer had a very artistic eye! That engine is unique. Nice work!

Beautiful work and nice runner! Well done example of an unusual subject. Good on ya for learning all the processes on such a challenging project.

Back