First Test of a DIY Steam Turbine running off a 4" Copper MSM Boiler.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant and a big thank you Mark for posting these up for me. I really enjoyed going over them in detail in your photos.
Would also enjoy looking at any other pics/vids that you come across.
Thanks again!

I can do blurred pictures without the help of the running machines...
But I do like the styling and finish of the green generator. Makes me want some suitable good looking covers for my bicycle wheel alternator. I can't use a turbine with it as the starting torque required by the generator is very high - from the permanent magnet rotors (2). So I'll have to use reciprocating plant for mine, with a suitable gearing to get 600~900rpm for the generator. Driven by my battery drill, the LED lamp is bright. (possibly 7W?).
K2

Attachments

• P7092338.JPG
    P7092338.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 190
  • P7312298.JPG
    P7312298.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 186
An Update.. a twin, SA, oscillator - 5/8" bore x 3/4" stroke, at 60 psi (AIR) just about makes this generator go.... But the engine is well knackered - needs pistons that approach the same size as the bore, and big-ends that don't rattle loudly! - Maybe a new crank and pistons, with re-bored cylinders? - Time, and time... to do these things.
K2

Latest posts

Back