First Steam/Air connector finished

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Ok gang, took me a bit to get everything figured out and had to grind a new tool to make the barbs so here you go.

P1010512.jpg

P1010510.jpg

Man these parts sure are small.... ;D

looks good could we get a pic that shows the barb ??
Tin

Sure, I just went back out to the shop to take one for you.
4 barbs...none are sharp, 45 degree, outside diam= .188 inside = .150.

Thanks for the drawing and idea.:)

Oh and I just checked, I can't pull this tubing off.

The length of the threads are .150. The hex length is .125 and the barbed part is .211 for an over all length of .486. I think they will work out just fine.

P1010509.jpg

And a piccy of the tool you ground? Form tool for the barbs?

Best,

BW

Hi Bob I am making the second one this evening and will be taking machining pics as I go along and will have a pic of the ground tool.

Ok...here are some pics.

I first turn the threaded end to a diameter of .211.

P1010515.jpg

I forgot to take the pic of threading the part till after I machined the barbs...but anyway I use a die to make the threads next.

P1010522.jpg

Then I use my parting tool to cut the diameter for the barbs.

P1010517.jpg

Here is the tool I ground up today to cut the barbs. I needed something that would let me come in close to the hex.

P1010518.jpg

This is a pic of the barb machining
P1010520.jpg

After the barbs are cut I am suppose to drill next....I did this step on the first two and forgot on the 3rd...guess I should have done this post first and then referred to it.. ;D ;D

P1010523.jpg

Well anyway after the drilling is completed..then I part to length...

Looks great Bob!!! It was so nice here today, that I ended up cleaning most of the day. I got everything ready for tomorrow though:eek:)

Later, Wes

Wes thanks...wasn't a problem for me to be inside today....cold, wet, and rainy here....more tomorrow.

I have 4 done now so I should be able to put a big dent in the 12 I need.

Well I got motivated today to figure out the multiple zero points on this new DRO and after I did the last 6 took about and hour and 20 minutes. Here they are:

P1010525.jpg

I am going to use the little buffing tool on my Dremel to put the final polish on them.

Latest posts

Back