First sailing of a pond yacht after a refit.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Bird

Reaction score
Hi,

As it is summer, well that is what the calendar says it is I don't do that much modelling but spend the time either going and some times exhibiting at exhibitions. Or as this morning playing with my toys.

Many years ago I bought an old 36" Pond Yacht to which I fitted R/C for the rudder only. When it was sailed it leaked badly between the deck and hull and the rudder wasn't very effective. After some time the deck was removed and refitted, a rudder extension was attached to the rudder and the model then stayed in my garage for many years. This morning with the help of a knowledgeable friend the model had its first outing only its second in my ownership. It did quite well managing to avoid conflict with wild fowl, an attack by a fish and 20 minutes of free sailing after the R/C packed up. I have no idea how old the model is, I have had it about 10 years, any ideas regarding its age would be welcomed.

I hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/rf8_z0GZAPE

Regards Tony.

Latest posts

Back