First post-

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronm

Reaction score
Well, here goes-joined a couple days back, lurked since the site started up, saw it on the Chaski board...
Vital statistics: '48 model, self-employed in farm & industrial Diesel repair, 25 years. 9 yrs. at JD dealer as service manager before that. Machine shop in high school, was away from machining for 20 yr., until I traded a bill for a Craftsman Commercial 12" lathe, late Atlas model. About 4 yr. ago, I came up w/a Bridgeport mill, actually a Who Flung Dung w/a genuine BP head...(I'll tell that story sometime)...I've been into model engines in fits & starts since high school, I have a C.I. Special kit I bought then, it's about 2/3 finished...I had a bad experience loaning out the plans to the CI a few years back, that's another story I'll tell sometime. I have a 1/2 finished Upshur farm engine from plans in Strictly IC mag, stalled at the point where it needs gears. Being self-employed leaves not enough time for hobbies right now, hopefully this forum will be inspirational to get moving again...
OK, glad to be aboard-Ron in CO...

Welcome Ron,
Glad to have you on board.
Great bunch of engine modellers on here, all very friendly, no one bites, so any help you need to get that machinery and engine turning again, don't be afraid to ask.

John

Ron: Welcome aboard . Nice intro. Seems like it is hard to find shop time. I am also in the field service industry. It is hard to feel motivated when you get home after a 12 hour day.
Tin

Welcome Ron,
Glad you found us.

Rick

Ron glade to see a tractor man.. I still have a bunch of two bangers.

Welcome Ron,

What part of CO are you in? I am up in Evergreen.

Kenny

Hey Kenny, I'm in Fruita-near Grand Junction. Know where that is? (almost Utah)...My younger son lives in Golden, works at Coors Tek.
I should add, thanks to everyone for the welcome. Looks like it should be fun & informative.

Welcome aboard Ron. Hope to see you join in the fun.

Steve

Latest posts

Back