First post ever

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

vin

Hi,
I like the idea of a board dedicated to model engines only, and hopefully this one will fly. I've been reading HSM and Practical Machinist since their inception and the Chaski board before that. Never had the courage to participate, felt intimatated maybe.

I have built several models without castings, Ray Hasbroucks, Rudy's and Mike Pilskis column marine engine.

Currently I'm working on the Snow Tandem Double-acting engine featured in HSM. Would be interested if others on this board are also.

Been retired over 11 years, so that means I'm an old guy and not too computer savy.

Welcome to the board.

Vin Wrote
I've been reading HSM and Practical Machinist since their inception and the Chaski board before that. Never had the courage to participate, felt intimatated maybe.

I was looking over some stats here and have noticed that only about a half of the registered users have posted a thread. We want folks here to be comfortable participating. It is great to listen to others in this case read what others are saying but even the novice can have creative ideas. Machining is a very adaptive sport and the best way of machining a particular part is based on many variables.
And even if you do not feel you can answer a question, or have one of your own you can still contribute.
Introduce yourself ,tell us where you have been ,where you are, or where you are going with this hobby. Or share the plans of an engine or a a link to favorite related web page . And to the ones that have posted keep up the good work.
Tin

vin said:
Hi,
I like the idea of a board dedicated to model engines only, and hopefully this one will fly. I've been reading HSM and Practical Machinist since their inception and the Chaski board before that. Never had the courage to participate, felt intimatated maybe.

I have built several models without castings, Ray Hasbroucks, Rudy's and Mike Pilskis column marine engine.

Currently I'm working on the Snow Tandem Double-acting engine featured in HSM. Would be interested if others on this board are also.

Been retired over 11 years, so that means I'm an old guy and not too computer savy.
Hows the engine going? I saw that engine and it looks like a fun build

Back