Firefox reload question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DickDastardly40

Reaction score
I use Firefox and changed to it for stability as I was getting annoyed with IE. When a page doesn't load for whatever reason (lack of connection usually) the address bar ends up with something similar to this in it:

jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/chrome/en-GB.jar!/locale/browser-region/region.propertieswww.google.co.uk

If I refresh the browser I get messages that the site cannot be found and I usually end up clicking the back button then the forward one to get to where I was.

Does this seem normal and should refresh get me where I wanted to be?

Sounds like a Java issue. You might try clearing out the java cache in windows control panel. Also updating java may help.

Kevin

Thanks for that. I was going to ask you "how do you that?" then a brick hit me on the head and told me to ask Google instead. So I asked Google this "clearing out the java cache in windows control panel" and it gave me many answers. Below is the link that I used. Quick and easy to use with full instruction for Windows XP and Mac. :bow:

https://wiki.csuchico.edu/confluence/display/help/Delete+Java+Cache+in+Windows+XP+and+Mac+OS+X

Just goes to show that Google can answer a lot of questions for us IF WE TAKE THE TIME TO ASK IT.

I am as guilty of this as anyone and this post is not intended to chastise anyone except me.

Cheers :)

Don

Thanks for that, cleared the java cache, fingers crossed problem is solved!

Glad it helped!

It's always the simple things.

Latest posts

Back