firefox is red flaging this site

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOOFY063

Reaction score
when i try to open any page here i get red page that says reported attack site whats up ?

Goofy
I just logged in on firefox and got nothing out of the ordinary. The site loaded fine here. Not sure why yours gave the warning, but I'll bet Kevin does a bit of looking around when he gets home.

Steve

I'm using Firefox and have no problems with the site either.

Tim

firefox wouldn't let me on here either, had to use IE to get here. whats up??
I just happened over night.
Mel

Same here, Firefox is blocking the site, but no problem with IE.

I'm trying out Google Chrome on Linux (Ubuntu) and it gave a red warning of malware. Seems ok now

spuddevans said:
I'm using Firefox and have no problems with the site either.

Tim

I spoke too soon, it is now blocking it. I had to go into Tools/Options/ security tab and then uncheck the box labelled "Block reported attack sites", then it allows me to load the page.

I did get referred to a warning site, I have attached a screencapture if helps the mods.

I guess that it has come from the recent hack of the forum.

Tim

View attachment Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for homemodelenginemachinist.com_1286909127106.png

Hi guys

Yes; it seems HMEM has been listed as an attack site on Google Safe Browsing, and newer versions of FireFox pick this up.

I'm pretty sure Kevin's on the job investigating Thm: - Thanks Kevin!

Just a note to those of you who (like myself) turned off the blocking in FireFox- don't forget to switch it on again! If you are unsure of the implications of switching off the checking, rather switch it on immediately again, and check once in a while to see when things return to normal

Kind regards, Arnold

Hi gang

I have had the same problem so have switched back to IE8 btowser. This happened to me shortly after 12:01pm today. Did anyone else happen to notice what the time was when it happened to them? It may help to track it down.

In times like this I find it handy to have another browser that you can switch to so that you can still get access to the board to try and help sort out or notify about the problem.

Cheers :)

Don

Also getting the warning here now. Looks like the atatck is originating from Bosnia.

Steve

If you follow the safe site links it looks like attacks from everywhere. They also stated the last time they found malware was today, so the site is probably not clean.

Using WinXP + Chrome. Chrome redflags HMEM, this is what the info says:

"Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including 77.78.245.0/, 77.78.246.0/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including 77.78.245.0/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS3595 (GNAXNET)."

Here is the Spamhaus page for 77.78.245.0
http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL97008
Hope it helps.

I'm getting the red flag on firefox also. Hacd to turn off the Block site tab same as Tim.

Ron

Likewise here with Firefox. The backgound has changed to white as well. I'm posting this with IE which seems happy.

I'm having a problem with Safari. Rebooted to Windows and IE and the problem seems to have gone away. Safari even blocked me from making a post on the forum.

Steve C.

Sorry to take so long, guys. I'm on the road.

Found some hacker code and removed it. It wasn't the same guy as last week. I'll know more when I get back home to analyze the logs.

We seem to be attracting some attention...

I'll be looking at ways to lock down the site a little more. Hopefully not break anything in the process.

Hi
Google flagged malicious content at 0915hrs today. It advised 4 harmful pages. Checked over last 90 days..I could not access via "Favourites" . I had to type full address.

Back