finished vacuum engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chizz

Reaction score
hi all

here is my vacuum engine running a bit better than it was before increased the wick size, this is my first vacuum engine and am pleased with how it turned out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxv4tOGVCZE[/ame]

Chizz

good lookin engine and a great runner too. is it your design? from plans?

I would be interested in the construction details.

Randel

Good Job, Chizz. A running flame sucker, but anyone's definition, is a successful engine build!

Chuck

Thanks all

hi randel the engine is not my design it comes from a magasine called popular mechanics dec 1938 all i have done is modify some of the parts to my liking.

if you follow this link and sroll down the page you will see it, its desribed as an candle engine.

http://www.john-tom.com/html/SteamPlans.html

if you have any other questions about this engine or my redesigns just let me know.

Chizz

congratulations Chizz!
you have made a fine runner from a difficult but so appealing model.
will you try now with a candle?
Zephyrin

hi Zephyrin

will try but as you know i dont hold much hope as it just seems to blow out with the exhaust, nice to hear from you, i did my presentation of this engine at college and it went well and she worked for me as a display piece got 10/10 so happy with that.

Chizz

WOW! Chizz, its like a hungry goldfish, but beautifully made.
Stew.

Hello Chizz,

Very nicely done! I recently completed my first atmospheric and find it hypnotizing to watch; yours runs very well.

Best,
Mike

Hi Chizz
I understand you are happy with your 10/10!
yet maybe a little wobble in a flywheel... ;)
I'm pretty jealous in fact.
you finally removed the cooling fins that are visible on another thread,
is what that did a decisive effect on the running?

Zephyrin

hi Zephyrin

yeah i think it was not getting hot enough so it kept stalling because the difference was too much i suppose. yeah the flywheel wobbles a little because of the error it picks up through the crank i feel if maybe it was guided through bearings it would not be as visable.

Chizz

Latest posts

Back