Finished Silver Bullet

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is nice. I like the slow running. I also like the details and I really like the way it starts.

Congratulations and Thank you for posting,

--ShopShoe

Very well done John! I like all the little touches, including the different approach taken in the valve train.
Charlie

Thanks for the comments. Its a modified version of Bob Shores design, many changes are thanks to Chuck Kuhn. Don Grimm helped sort out some problems. 180 degree crank and knuckle head valve train. I think the 180 degree crank really helps with vibrations. I have grown to like onboard electric start. At shows I put a start button on a long wire near the front edge of the table. Kids really like to start it, their faces light up and some keep coming back to give it another go. Adults enjoy it too.

The water pump is to Bob Shores design and is a basic gear pump, it moves the coolant really well. Its for display with no plans to have it drive anything at the moment.

John, you've really got your Bullet tuned up and running well. Nice idle and you can tell it's firing 180 apart. Sounds great, just like a two cylinder should.

Your radiator and the other aspects of the mount and overall setup turned add a lot. I see an extended oil drain and I suspect I'll copy your throttle setup.

Regards,

Chuck

I can only echo the positive comments above, great runner and your smooth use of the turntable gave us a good view. Thanks for posting.
I can only aspire to one day get something made as well.
ALWAYS great when we get a runner.

Back