finished pumpjack, brian r design

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesie

Reaction score
here is a photo of my finished pumpjack designed by brian rupnow. thanks for the prints brian. now i need to build the popcorn by stwe to drive it . got the popcorn started. jonesie

014.JPG

Jonesie--Nice job on the Pumpjack!!! Good luck with the Popcorn engine. Be warned that Stew made the cylinder 34mm long, not 32 as shown in his first release of drawings. It will work at 32 mm if you've already made it, but you will have to use a gasket at least 0.020" thick under each cylinder cap to give piston clearance.---Brian

thanks brian. i have the plans from stew, and have been adding the changes, as the come up. so far i only have the large part of the flywheel done. jonesie

Nice looking pump Jack Jonesie, it will go well with the popcorn.

Stew

Jonesie---There is a surprise in that flywheel. I modelled it, then stuck it on the model I have made of Stews engine. It was only then that I realized the flysheel is too large to fit the engine without cutting a clearance hole in the base. You can see the full model I posted over on Stews thread which shows that area.

Latest posts

Back