finished first engine ever

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drysdam

Reaction score
I think the LMS oscillator is kind of ugly but it has the advantage of being pretty simple for a n00b like me. I had to get some additional tooling (reamers, larger drills, etc) but I eventually finished it.

img_0001-1.jpg

img_0002-1.jpg

No video because my video camera doesn't do well in the shop for some reason (not enough light?) and my compressor is SUPER loud. It does run, though, and not too badly considering.

Suggestions for a second engine warmly welcomed. I don't have a milling machine (yet) so it'll have to be fairly simple...

drysdam: Nicely done it looks great! I've just finished my first engine will run it in the morning. The shop was getting hot and I getting tired. I'm sure this is just the beginning for you, hope you enjoyed you first build as much as I did. Roger

Congratu;ations to both of you on your first runners...no matter how long you stay in the hobby, that first one will always be special. Drysdam, the photos look great and I'm sure it runs as good as it looks.

Bill

Congratulation On your first runner? I know when I built my first runner I was very proud of it. I mounted it on a plaque and showed everyone that would look at it. It will always be a special project because it was first so be proud.

Don

Well done Drysdam!

Get ye another vertical slide valve....that'll do!

Congratulations!

Dave
:bow:

Drysdam you have a natural talent for model engine building. A very good looking engine. How about a horizontal mill engine for number two? :bow:

Congrats on your first running engine. I am sure that in the future it's the first one that you will remember most.

Vince

Feels good - doesn't it !

Well done and congratulations on your first runner.

Ken

Beautiful job, congratulations on the first runner! It is the one that you will always remember.
George

Looks exactly like my first one. I remember being surprised when it actually took off running,even if it did try to vibrate itself off the table. I still have it!!

Congrats from faraway Singapore.
The very first running engine. Bet you ,you have many hours of watching it run. Built mine 9 years ago.
May I suggest a Vee Engine with two oscillating cylinder and to a four cylinder.

Great job!

Remember not everyone can do this stuff...you are now part of an elite group of mechanical nuts! Mechanical nuts...was that a pun? Maybe...

Latest posts

Back