File storage

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powder keg

Reaction score
I've been sorting my shop a little, trying to organize things and put stuff within easy reach. I built a file rack to hang on my wall. Tomorrow, I'll splash some paint on it and hang it up. I thought some here might be interested.

Filestorage001.jpg

I'll be building 4 or 5 of these and have then strategically placed throughout the shop.

Boy, this just show my age, or lack there of. When I read the title I was confused about why there was going to be a thread about storing computer data files in the tools section. :D

I was thinking the same thing.
I bought a terabyte external hard drive recently and thought someone found a better way.
I like the rack and am working on one now thanks to you:)
-B-

The bottom board is at an angle to push the file handle out against the rack. Please post pictures when you get yours built:eek:)

Now, that's a nice, handy way to do it!
Thanks, Wes.

Dean

very handy! Should me efficient to use, and protect stuff for being scratched on the bench! Most gunsmiths ive seen just leave the files in a big pile on the bench... :-\ I made a shelf under the bench with a peice of wood, so I just stick in the file I dont need, and can take out another, however if I dont know them by the handle they are on I dont know which is which, yours is better, look slike what many woodworkers do for their chisels! I might just use this design, hope u dont have a patent! ;)

Back