Field Trip

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Guys:
Took a little field trip to the Baltimore yesterday.
1) First stop metals express in Essex MD just a few miles from the intersection of I-95 and I-695 easy to find I was not impressed with the place small compared to were I normally shop and it was a bit pricey $2.00 for aluminum drops. Not much selection. OK about what I have paid lately but $3.50 for brass yikes and virtualy no drops. But they will cut any sized piece to order no cutting fees IIRC there is a $5.00 handling fee on small orders. I think under $25 subtotal .

2) Woodcraft store in Towsend MD exit 29 off the beltway nice store for woodworkers. I bought a bunch of pen pencil kits now I have to work to get my money back Ugh. Nice selection of wood for engine bases.

3) B & O Railroad museum. In downtown Baltimore , near the inner harbor. Nice collection of trains and models I took about 25 pics. Sorry not allowed to share them on the net museum policy. It would be neat to make a model of the john bull or the steam wagon.

for anyone interested the B & O is having steam days next weekend.
Tin

Latest posts

Back