Favorite Brand of Safety Glasses?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applescotty

Reaction score
I need to get some different safety glasses. All of the ones I have give me a headache after about 15 minutes of use because they press in around my ears (my eyeglasses do the same thing sometimes but aren't as bad-I usually wear contacts). So, does anyone have a particular brand of safety glasses they like?

These safety glasses were recommended on the PM forum, but that may have been because they were cheap:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GUN8YY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
applescotty said:
All of the ones I have give me a headache after about 15 minutes of use because they press in around my ears
Scott

I wear mine over my bi-focals and had the same problem - Stick the arms, (of the glasses), in very hot water and adjust to taste. This was my solution to a vexing problem as I bought 5 pair for myself + visitors.

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks for the input guys. I'll try reforming the ones I have, if I don't have any luck I may have to consider the aviator style.

Scott

I guess I would have to say North Safety brand seeing as that I work for them as a prototype specialest.
Northsafety
Now part of Honeywell

I suffer from the same problem as you applescotty, the only safety glasses that work for me are UVEX i-vo. You should be able to pick some up for about £7.00. I had a lucky break a few months back and managed to pick up a box of 6 for £12.00 ;D.

I wear prescription glasses, so I've got to use either prescription safety glasses, or safety glasses that fit over regular frames.

I was wearing Uvex over-glasses style when I got a piece of steel in my eye about 12 years ago. Since then I've worn prescription safety glasses, but now I use the big ugly "visitor's glasses" like McMaster sells. :
http://www.mcmaster.com/#62065t32/=36tq97

Sure, I look like an early split-window VW van behind those giant lenses... but I'd rather look funny than see funny.

Back