Farm Boy Nr 257 Finished

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLG

Reaction score
Hi All,
I actually finished my Farm Boy on the 21st of August (a momentous occasion) but it has taken me a little time to do some videos which I hope I am able to upload when I have finished this. I have some photos of the work in progress as well -they do not need any explanation.
I must say that building this engine has been a huge learning experience for me. I learnt how to use my sx3 super mill, how to bugger up cutters and to turn the handle of the dividing head when I should have turned the y axis handle etc etc.
During the process I made modifications to the mill, one of which is unique for the motorised table drive , but that is for another time. I also manged to buy a quorn tool and cutter grinder for quite a reasonable price and taught myself how to sharpen cutters. I have also learnt how to cut gears after the ones that I had made turned out to be less than satisfactory. There always seemed to be something that needed to be made or bought for the engine to progress
So the whole process has been rather an adventure for me. For those of you from Oz I used Rustguard Epoxy paint for the model and I thought that it looked quite nice.
I have already started my next projects which are a mini putput and a moriya type stirling fan to run on my wood fired heater.
Cheers,
Kerry from Oz

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back