Fallen at the first hurdle

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mo deller

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been trying to post my intro on the welcome board but got an error folder full message. I attached 3 photo's that only add up to 189kb. I understand the limit is 4 with a 4096kb limit so I am somewhat baffled. I tried to post again without the photo's and I was told I had already posted the message. Even more baffled now. ???

Please could someone help.

Thanks, Mo :)

Thanks for that Frank. I'll have to sort out something later.
Still have the problem of not being able to post without the photo's as it now thinks the message has been posted already.

Mo

Further to this posting pictures malarkey,I have a facility with the broadband package to store and share photo's. As far as I can see in order to share I have to provide an e-mail address to invite a person to view. Photobucket also seems to share via e-mail. I don't understand how to get a url to put into a post on here. It maybe that my facility is different but I need a few more pointers to understand what I am supposed to do.

A puzzled Mo ???

For Photobucket, mousing over the image should cause a drop down
menu to open. The last line in that menu is the IMG Code.

PhotobucketIMG.jpg

Click on that code and it will copied.
The go back to your post. Right click then select Paste in the body of the post
where you want the picture to appear.

Until you preview or post the code will look something like this.
Code:
[IMG]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/rake60/PhotobucketIMG.jpg[/IMG]

Rick

I have just spent an hour on the phone to find out that my broadband digital photo storage will not give me a url to post.It only works via e-mail.
Looks like I have to sign up to yet another web net thing ie,photobucket. OOOO I feel some technophobia coming on. I'm going to go and lie down for a week or two ;D

Thanks Rick

Mo.

LOL

No you don't need to go lie down Mo!

My personal email contact information is available by clicking on my name anywhere
here. I'd be more than willing to walk you through it.

My Mom was 62 years old when I got her first computer.
That was 10 years ago. She's 72 years young now.
If her Pogo games are not working properly I make an emergency
house call!

No technophobia there, and there shouldn't be here.

This forum exists because of the technology available.

The members here are just a bunch of geeks.
They love hobby machining and computers.
Every one of them are willing to answer any question on either
subject to keep this dying craft alive!

Never give a inch when asked about your computer skills.
(Or 2.54MM for those so inclined.) ;)

Rick

rake60 said:
(Or 2.54MM for those so inclined.) ;)

Rick

And don't even give 1/10" :big: :big:

Sorry Rick. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

rake60 said:
LOL

No you don't need to go lie down Mo!

My personal email contact information is available by clicking on my name anywhere
here. I'd be more than willing to walk you through it.

Thanks Rick,I hope it wont come to that though. Mo.

Mo, I too don't like being too public with my personal info. I have been on photobucket for about a year. I have had no spam attacks or virus alerts from their site. You can set up folders for different subject matter, just like at home.
The system works as Rick said, just need a little practice. Please please please share your photos with us...

DB

Photobucket is very benign. You don't need to worry about signing up with them.

However, more generally, if you're concerned about potential spam that might come from giving out your email addy to sites that require it, do what I do. Most ISPs will allow you to set up several email addresses. Utilize this feature to create a "junk" email address whose sole purpose is to be used with sites that might potentially generate spam.

Thanks for those reasuring words chaps. I have been having trouble deciding which site to use and what name,e-mail,password etc. Got hot and bothered again today trying to set up what I now discover are called sub accounts for multiple addresses. Gave up and cancelled that one as I couldn't have the name I wanted.
I'll have to ponder some more. Nearly there I hope.

Mo

If you can get 'nospam@...' or 'junk@...' or some variation thereof, those work well for web site signups and the like.

Easy to filter out the junk mail later too-- anything sent to junk@ goes instantly to the spam folder. If it turns out you get useful mail from somewhere you signed up, it's almost always easy to change your address on their site later.

Ok, I lost count of how many times I tried to register a spare e-mail address but now I'm all set up at photobucket so I'll try and finish my intro on the welcome board.

Mo :)

Latest posts

Back