EZ Engine for beginners 13NOV09

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My best guess is that they mean for the end of _both_ parts on that page to be drilled & tapped.

Thanks
black85vette
I had most of the drawings but did not have the Instructions.
I have one question, what is the part on sheet Piston Valve 2 on the right side that is mark Both Ends
The valve is made from 1/4" diameter stock. Each end and in the middle is 1/4" . In between the diameter is .125 . The end that receives the connecting rod is 1/4" x .3125 long. This is milled or filed to .125 x .3125. This gives a flat spot to drill and tap 4/40. When done the end resembles the letter D, a round half of which is removed for the connecting rod.
The piston is .500 diameter and if I recall a total of 15/16". The piston is .500x.500 and the rest is .3125 long and .250 round that is filed or milled with a flat similar to the valve.
mike

The valve is made from 1/4" diameter stock. Each end and in the middle is 1/4" . In between the diameter is .125 . The end that receives the connecting rod is 1/4" x .3125 long. This is milled or filed to .125 x .3125. This gives a flat spot to drill and tap 4/40. When done the end resembles the letter D, a round half of which is removed for the connecting rod.
The piston is .500 diameter and if I recall a total of 15/16". The piston is .500x.500 and the rest is .3125 long and .250 round that is filed or milled with a flat similar to the valve.
mike
I gave you the wrong dimension on the piston. The correct dimension is 1/2" x 1/2" x 7/16" and 1/4" in diameter. The total length is 15/16".
I finished the model and it runs well. I might paint it in the future.

Back