Excavator, dozers and stuff like that (model)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksor

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a forum for this kind of models ?

While I won't be much help with your question, I'm especially glad that you raised it.

I know I tire of building engines and tools sometimes and would like to pursue other "model engineering" topics - especially WWI/II artillery, cranes and other sorts of heavy construction equipment.

This forum is the closest thing I've found to what one might call a "model engineering" (in the British sense) forum. However, the stated topic is 'building model engines from bar stock'. Frankly, while I appreciate why that narrow subject was chosen, I'd like to hear the forum owners opinions about extending the scope a bit to include other forms of model building.

Returning to your subject, Jerry Brown, one of the members of our HSM club, has built from scratch a fully steam-powered model crane/drag line on operating treads. You can see some pictures of his model on our club web site...

http://www.schsm.com/html/jerry_brown.html

It's a truly impressive model and a real attention-getter at steam shows.

Hi,
For a forum that caters for scale models of this type try here - http://www.scale-models.co.uk/
They cover all sorts of modelling and you should find someone on there to help you, just ask the same question

John

Any model engineering topic is welcome here, in fact just about any machining/building topic is welcome here. We are not anal about sticking to strict topic guidelines.

We are open to suggestions.

In my opinion, and not that it is worth a whole lot (just ask SWMBO :D ), other disciplines of model building as well as other forms of metal work will help each one of us knowledge wise. The topics may not fit to the theme of the site exactly, but we gather here for the fellowship and exchange of ideas.

The deck gun that was posted in another forum is a great example. It isn't an engine built from barstock, but it is something that we all can learn from and be inspired by. Keep 'em coming!

Back