Evolution Rage Cutoff saw.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I saw videos of the hand held version looks like a nice saw and not bad money wise.
Tin

It says it only cuts 1/4" steel but any diameter non ferrous metal that will fit under the blade. My deal is it wont take up a lot of space and cut 90% of what I need to cut. The portable band saw will do the rest.

My mate has got a few of there tools I think this would adapt well as it is easy to mount

http://www.evolutionpowertools.co.uk/uk/evolution_evo27.html

this one works graet no grab

http://www.evolutionpowertools.co.uk/uk/evolution_furytwin.html

Peter

evo27sm[1].jpg

furytwinsm[1].jpg

I have the 355mm chop saw and it eats metal for breakfast.... :)

Cost me £79 from Aldi when they were on offer, Machine mart sell them for over £170... bargain I got.

John Rudd said:
I have the 355mm chop saw and it eats metal for breakfast.... :)

Cost me £79 from Aldi when they were on offer, Machine mart sell them for over £170... bargain I got.

So, the other question is, how fast does it eat blades? And how expensive are the blades?

Chuck

cfellows said:
So, the other question is, how fast does it eat blades? And how expensive are the blades?

Chuck

Well I dont know the answer to that Chuck, as I dont use it that much...My bandsaw gets to do most of the work...

Blades, I've seen for around £45...

I was told they work quite well as long as you don't mind the noise .....

Vic.

cfellows said:

Chuck

My brother has one that he's been abusing for at least a year on one blade (I sliced up several bars of 25x40 crs without a hitch).

I was told they work quite well as long as you don't mind the noise .....
I wouldn't say they were that noisy - I didn't reach for the ear defenders while cutting the above bar (and I do not like noise)

Bill

Thanks for all the comments, I may go ahead and order one for grins and giggles just to see how it works.
Replacement blades for the 7 1/4" version like I am looking at is $30 according to Sears.

Just to answer Chuck's question.

I did a search about when I bought some rage blades at a silly price.

If I remember correctly, they quote a life 50 ft of sheet steel cutting, or 1,000 cuts in box section. What that equates to in 2" bar, I have no idea.

http://www.evolutionpowertools.co.uk/uk/evolution_steel.html

So by the looks at the price of the blades, that is 1 squid per foot of material cut if cutting sheet.

Bogs

A Disc blade according to one of the sites listed by Peter (HS93) above the 355mm Evo Fury disk is £39.99 that is from the "makers" so it might be cheaper elsewhere £39.99 is more than half the total price i paid in "Aldi" as mentioned above
They do lose their edge after a time, but i think with patience and time you could sharpen them up by hand with a oil/stone
But a good tool, as stated noisy
Regards Max.........

John you will probably have to go for one of their saws or at least another metal cut off saw as chopsaws for wood run around 6000prm for that size blade, yours are 3500rpm max :(

Jason

Bogstandard said:
I've got the blades, now where do I buy I a cheap saw to fit them?

Rage3.jpg

Bogs

Got a horizontal mill ?

(P.S. spill the beans, where'd you get that blade for £4.99)

Latest posts

Back