Every Boy His Own Manufacturer

Discussion in 'Plans' started by The_Paso_Kid, Jan 15, 2017.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Nov 20, 2018 #21

mohavegun

mohavegun

mohavegun

Norman,

I was curious about your handle "Goldstar" and now I know!... I was in the US Army during the Viet Nam war but they sent me to the 'other' war zone, I did my whole tour of duty after training in the Chicago defense area. Got there right after the big riots in the 60's.

Rod

goldstar31 likes this.
  2. Nov 20, 2018 #22

goldstar31

goldstar31

goldstar31

Haggis Breeder
    Glad to know you.
    Keep well

Norman

3. Feb 9, 2019 #23

capjak

capjak

capjak

Well-Known Member HMEM Supporter

A while ago there was a discussion about a Penbwl mode boat powered by a steam outboard engine. It referred to plans for the engine published in the August, 1933 edition of Popular Mechanics. While searching for a copy of the magazine on ebay, I found a offer of seven CD's containing over 600 past issues of Popular Mechanics for $19.99. I bought them and boy, what a find. The vendor has more copies of the discs available. Now all that I need is some free time to read them and find some projects.

alanganes likes this.
  4. Feb 10, 2019 at 2:17 AM #24

alanganes

alanganes

alanganes

I love going through those old magazines, there is so much interesting stuff in them. That's $20 well spent, I think.

As an aside, all of those old Popular Mechanics, Popular Science and lots of other similar magazines are available free on-line through Google books. Some may not be accessible to those outside of the USA, sometimes due copyright rules and other such nonsense.