Engine Projects

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To model expanded metal you only need to model one side of one diamond. For the flattened stuff, you would mirror it in one direction and then mirror the result in the other direction to complete a single diamond. You would then use a repeat pattern to cover the required area. Simples.

For the stuff with the tilted edges the inital modelling of one leg and the transforms to make the first diamond would be more complicated but basically similar.
Ja - - - I keep hearing this 'simple'.
When I tried to figure out how to constrain something - - - -well the logic there - - - well - - - I just could not find it - - - - just couldn't figure out how to constrain a figure. It seems that one must start from a point work in only one direction and only constrain in this one way.
Coming from a practical direction I can constrain in a number of different ways and work in quite a number of different ways.
This is where I get lost.
(It doesn't help that the list of available 'parts' is so bloody tiny - - - - there are two different thread pitches for most metric hardware - - - somehow the 'experienced engineers' devising the information only know about 1 of them - - - there are more issues . . . .)

Back