Engine of the Month - September

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
Congratulations Cedge.

Amazing job!

Rick

Absolutely, amazingly, exquisitely beautiful, Cedge.

Or, in the words of my 'way back when mentor, "It'll do." :D

Best regards,

Kludge

Cedge,

It's a beautiful engine. Congratulations and well done!

Regards,

Dennis

It is truely amzing in person. The pics just don't do it justice. Steve ... VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO
Tim

Holy cow guys...LOL. I didn't know it was even in the competition. Thanks for all the kudos. Kludge... I too once had a mentor from the same old school... "It'll do" was as high as he ever praised anything you did.... but somehow it was always enough, coming from him. A single "nope" from the guy was capable of putting a serious sag in your ego.

And now...... I'm off to finish the design work for the next one.

Thanks again everyone

Steve

Cedge said:
I too once had a mentor from the same old school... "It'll do" was as high as he ever praised anything you did ... but somehow it was always enough, coming from him.

There was no high on Earth (or anywhere else, I strongly suspect) higher than that his "It'll do" brought.

A single "nope" from the guy was capable of putting a serious sag in your ego.

Oh, yeah. But it also meant working beyond yourself to do better. You couldn't help but learn in such a way that the lessons became part of you. While one of his students, many of his pupils hated him but afterward had nothing but admiration and respect for the man. Those who survived, that is.

I wonder if there are any like that left now ...

Best regards,

Kludge

Now THAT's what I call an engine, I've been staring at the build pictures for what seems like an age, every part has had so much thought and time put into it, not to mention the shear skill involved. You've really raised the bar for all of us :bow: :bow:

Superb engine, it looks like the real thing! How does the engine of the month get decided? Looked a fairly easy decision this month anyway!

Steve, as you know many people are in awe at you work and artistry, this doesn't mean you don't have to get it filmed and shown as soon as you have those flywheels on :big: ;) ;D

David (TS) I wouldn't so much say raised the bar as shot the damn thing out of a trebuchet!! :eek:

Title well deserved... Now question is Steve, who do you see about the medal? ;)

Ralph.

Divided He ad said:
a trebuchet!! :eek:

That would make an interesting "Team Design" ........... and project ;D

Steve, you ain't off the hook ......... just reading between the lines ...... ::) ........... methinks Ralph is trying to "quietly" pass on the "King of Bling" crown ;)

;D CC

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Tottttaaaallyyyy agreeeeeee !!! Well worth the Engine of the Month award !!!

KUDO'S !!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks again guys,
George Seal visited with me today and about gently as a well swung sledge hammer, reminded me that My Wife's engine won the engine of the month. Moral support of that caliber.... man, you can't even buy that...(grin). Kvom... you'd have been rightly proud of his subtle Georgia brand of diplomacy.

That's alright... I got to know his wife a bit better today and now I know who sometimes lets him wear the pants around his homestead. Short pants...LOL

I'm not so sure it would make a good team build. It's definitely the kind of project that has to be fitted, tested and tweaked as it goes together.

Steve

Latest posts

Back