Encabulator build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a spare A/B PLC I could send ya, but I'd avoid that Crap Rockwell software! I'll warn you when we tried building one here, we cut corners and didn't use a high grade MollySleezium for the Swerving bearings! they would lose alignment with the pentametric fan, causing side fumbling of the ambathshant Lunar Wane Shaft. The Rockwell software couldn't cope with the excess barescent skor motion! we also copied the original spec of "Forty-one manestically spaced grouting brushes arranged to feed into the rotor slipstream a mixture of high S-value phenylhydrobenzamine and 5% reminative tetryliodohexamine. Both of these liquids have specific pericosities given by P = 2.5C.n^6-7 where n is the diathetical evolute of retrograde temperature phase disposition and C is Cholmondeley's annular grillage coefficient. Initially, n was measured with the aid of a metapolar refractive pilfrometer ... but up to the present date nothing has been found to equal the transcendental hopper dadoscope.

Well put - simple and concise - even a child could understand.

Well done sir

The Encabulator prototype 1 is a success! It dose not run but a prototype dose not have to run to be a success. It is a success if it shows what the problems are that prevent it from working and leads the way to refinements that produce a working model.

The biggest problem was not delivering adequate volume of air to the cylinders, mostly because of poor design of the air passages at the top end of the cylinder along with poor design of the seal between the cylinders and the frame. In addition, the fit of the bearing retaining clip allowed the bearing to move on the Z-shaft core making the valve timing inaccurate.

The fixes required making two new cylinders, four new cylinders heads, and a new Z-shaft core. The new cylinders are an inch longer to allow a more direct air passage to the head with greater diameter and an o-ring seal between the frame and the cylinder. The longer cylinders required longer spurthing bearings and a longer ambifacient shaft. The brass Z-shaft core was replaced with a steel core. I had noticed and commented on a knocking sound in some of the Early testing. The knocking came from the bearing moving on the core and slamming against the spring clip retainer, eventually distorting the spring clip groove leading to failure. The steel replacement has a slightly deeper groove and a better fit to prevent movement of the bearing and should resist deforming better than brass.

It was also made with 36 degree articulation rather than the 40 degree of the brass part. This decreases the stroke by about .012" with a corresponding reduction of depleneration.

All of these modifications are now complete and the Encabulator 2.0 is a reality. It works! After spending some time getting the valve timing correct, I set it up for some pictures and videos. The picture is attached.

My camera battery died before I could get a video. It was late in the afternoon and I had horses to feed, dogs to exercise, hamburgers to grill and beer to drink. If anyone is still watching this thread, a video will be posted tomorrow.

YEEEEEEEEAH!!!

Right o Captn!

Dave
:bow: :bow: :bow:

"The Encabulator prototype 1 is a success! It dose not run"

You worked in the advertising industry, didn't you? :)

I don't know what to say. Congratulations on your non-running? :)

CJ,

As one who managed honours in gobbledegook I take off my gook to you. :bow: :bow:

If it doesn't run why do we wait for a video ::) ???

If it runs with modifications then it still, (no no no it's running), continues to be No.1 Encabulator.

Oh shut up Bob ;D

Best Regards
Bob

For those of you who have been waiting... anxiously... I present for your viewing pleasure....

Encabulator 2.0

RUNNING

Details to follow.

Jerry

Captain

Well done Captain Jerry. Your mates all had confidence in you that you would get it done and you have not disappointed. Another blessed day for Mankind indeed. Congratulations. th_wav th_wav th_wav

Cheers *beer* *beer*

Don

With this fine event, I feel world peace is just around the corner!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Dave

Don, Dave, Marv & Brian

Thanks for the kind words. This has been a long project and at times, I was doubtful that it would ever get to this point. Thank you all for the support and encouragement.

What point is it at. Well, if you apply air pressure to the inlet pipe, the pistons go back and forth and the Z-shaft wobbles and the shaft rotates. It runs reliably on less that 20PSI. It is well balanced and shows no tendency to walk or bounce around at high speed. That's the good news.

The bad news is that self starting is unreliable, meaning that one or more of the pistons is not doing its job. There is leaking air and oil from several sources that need sealing. The flywheels need to be decided on. And almost every part is battle scarred from assembly/disassembly that seemed endless.

So its not finished by a long shot. If it get to a more finished state, Ill post an update. There is still much to do. I'll be doing it but first I've got to get the shop cleaned up.

Jerry

Великолепный Аппарат.........................шаг сверх Тесла :bow: :bow: :bow:

Trust me it's a compliment. ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Bob

Thanks for the compliment. See, I trust you.

Jerry

Capt.
Forgive me for disagreeing with you BUT I would suggest that the encabulator that you have so skillfully made IS running but we as yet do not have the technology to measure its output, in any sensible manner.

I really think however that the extra 4 degrees of angle will have a salutory effect.

I am very impressed

Mike

Mike

I have searched and failed to find either an Encabulometer or the plans to build one.

Jerry

Ken

Go for it. Let me know how big the sensors are and if they need to be anywhere near the Encabulator.

Jerry

Congratulations Jerry!

That is a super cool engine!!

Thanks Kevin. I keep trying to think of it as only an engine but something keeps pushing me over the silly edge. I think it may be that too much of my forum activity takes place late in the evening when reality is at a low point.

During the daytime, when I am more reasonable, I try to work on the engineering aspects.

Jerry

Latest posts

Back