Encabulator build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Encabulometer - well I've gone and designed it.

Now to build it and see if it works.

It uses an improbability drive - in that the pistons (8 radial) go up and down twice per revolution.

Assuming it doesn't vanish into hyperspace when I start it - I'll post a build thread in about a month or so.

Ken

Encabu.jpg

Ken

It will probably work.

Did you mean that you will start a build in a month or show a finished build in a month? These things are supposed to take time. An enormous amount of time.

Jerry

I hope to have it done in a month (might be way optimistic) - I have already started.

If it works I will reveal the "magic" part that makes it work.

I will start a new thread at some time as I don't want to hijack yours.

Regards,
Ken

You should be fine on the timing.

As I understand it the device, once construction is actually started on any genuine part, the whole (yet to be finished encabulometer) actually warps space time into z space and construction is always finished on the real projected completion date, though as this is a function of gama space it therefore may not actually coincide with the published completion date of those actually constructing said device. This can mean that construction actually starts several years before you make the first piece, or indeed several years before you conceved the project or where even born.... or so Ford tells me, though he was a trifle over the limit at the time (but 3 pan-galactic gargle blasters will do that to you ;) espescially on top of a couple of ginnantonnix)

mike os said:
You should be fine on the timing.

As I understand it the device, once construction is actually started on any genuine part, the whole (yet to be finished encabulometer) actually warps space time into z space and construction is always finished on the real projected completion date, though as this is a function of gama space it therefore may not actually coincide with the published completion date of those actually constructing said device. This can mean that construction actually starts several years before you make the first piece, or indeed several years before you conceved the project or where even born.... or so Ford tells me, though he was a trifle over the limit at the time (but 3 pan-galactic gargle blasters will do that to you ;) espescially on top of a couple of ginnantonnix)

You had a previous career in advertising too, didn't you?

nah... got a current career in lunacy Rof} Rof} Rof}

and decent sifi ::)

Hat tip to the late Doug Adams obviously....

mike os said:
As I understand it the device, once construction is actually started on any genuine part, the whole (yet to be finished encabulometer) actually warps space time into z space

Of course how else do you get a piston to go up and down twice for one turn of the crank.

It's just possible that the pan galactic gargle blaster I drank during the design phase might turn out to have been a bad idea.

Ken I said:
It's just possible that the pan galactic gargle blaster I drank during the design phase might turn out to have been a bad idea.

of course its a bad idea

only one?

everyone knows they need company ;D

Back