Emcoturn 120P

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the new stickers that I had made fitted to the machine now.
Must say I am very happy with the outcome.

There is an optical illusion in the first picture, it looks crooked when looking at the photo, this was doing my head in so I had to check (half a dozen times)
turns out it is out by 0.5mm, good enough for a sticker, looks straight when standing in front of it.

I am starting to get excited as the project comes closer to the end. This is by far the best build I have done yet.

That looks nice. I stopped by a powder coating shop today with the stand and covers for my bandsaw and his prices were reasonable. I'll also be taking the Emco enclosure to him.

After much delay I am happy to have taken the first cuts on my machine. I am wrapped with the outcome.

The surface finish and sizing is excellent, the machine is quiet.

I preformed a test a few weeks back and clamped a part in the chuck, dis connected the air supply and turned the machine all off. I then came back 3 weeks later to find the part still solidly clamped. I did rebuild the actuator, it seems the seals and the internal sequence valve are working great.

Couple of small thing to do, button it all up, job done.

Here is a short video and a picture of the sample part I made.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-pqP8aaU0[/ame]

Great! Is it me or is your turret faster than the original?

I'll start reassembling my turret soon. I made some new coupling parts to install a new turret motor. Mine should be capable of 360° in a second or so, but it will depend on how it tunes.

Greg

Great! Is it me or is your turret faster than the original?

I'll start reassembling my turret soon. I made some new coupling parts to install a new turret motor. Mine should be capable of 360° in a second or so, but it will depend on how it tunes.

Greg

Hi Greg,

The turret does appear a bit faster than it was originally.

I am running the default motor parameters that Andrew Barrow supplied with his ETC V2 board.

Wow! 360deg in a second, that is really fast. Will you be using the Barrow Dynamics board? or your own setup

I don't know anything about the Barrow board. Mine will be a servo and use a an axis control in LinuxCNC. i just hope the old turret encoder still works so I don't have to tell the turret where home is.

Greg

Great job on the rebuild and hats off to you for taking on such a task.
Looks like it is all worth it.

Mike Nay

Great job on the rebuild and hats off to you for taking on such a task.
Looks like it is all worth it.

Mike Nay

Thanks Mike,

It has been a long road. Now the paneling has to be stripped down and all joints sealed with silicone to avoid coolant leaking everywhere.

I am happy with the outcome. The total investment in this machine is around $6500 AUS which is around what a reasonable condition used machine sells for.

I am confident it will pay for itself quite quickly.

Latest posts

Back