emachineshop software

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruiser1

Reaction score
New to cad / cam - can you show dimensions - i do not see how i can print with dimensions on - please help - thanks

i down loaded from a link in this group - software is called emachineshop
great software it converts to 3d but no dimensions are printed ??

i down loaded from a link in this group - software is called emachineshop
great software it converts to 3d but no dimensions are printed ??

I am not familiar with emachineshop but I have used a bunch of others. Usually you would create a 3-D models and them make a drawing from that. Look for an option when you have a 3-D model open that lets you create the drawing.

John

e-machineshop is a free proprietary software you design a part and e-Machine shop uses the design to generate a price quote for making the part.
if the quote is acceptable it goes into there cam software and they make the part or part for you.

it is not intended for a HSM guy to design parts to machine himself.

Alibre cad is probably the most affordable usable 3-d software to generate drawings. IIRC it like $200 for a licence these days .
heeks cnc is a cad cam combo. not sure if it generates drawings. it is free but you pay for training.

Cam bam is a cam program with some drawing capability.
$150

Draftsight is a good free 2-d drawing package.
Hope this helps.
Tin

I have it on my computer also. I believe the dimensions are transmitted to them to produce your part. It is not a typical cad program.

Latest posts

Back