Elmer's pumping engine #17

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prof65

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm finishing my fifth engine; it still needs a better base and some polishing, but I'd like to show you some pics.
All black parts are aluminum (6082 or 6061), painted with High Temperature Matt Black paint.
No solder here, I don't like silver-soldering; all joints are press-fitted, threaded or glued with Loctite.

Plans come from a well-known website:
http://www.john-tom.com/ElmersEngines/17_Pumper.pdf

Video is coming asap...

Happy new (machining) year

Roberto

Elmer\'s pumping engine 01.jpg

Elmer\'s pumping engine 02.jpg

Elmer\'s pumping engine 03.jpg

I've managed a couple of simple builds from Elmer's plans and am very impressed by your work. Nicely done.

Thayer

Great build, that one is on my to-do list also.

IronHorse

Looks very nice. A lot of lathe work there making all those posts. I think it would be good to fancy up the wooden base to show off the nice machining you've done. A nice black-lacquered sort of thing...

That is a very pretty looking engine. The handrails complete it and look really nice against he black plates. It's a real pity that I have so many projects on the go as I could get quite attatched to something like that.

Nice work.

RM

Thanks for your kind comments.

The handrails take over two weeks for testing different shapes, measuring, turning and setting (it's a very hard work to set them as straight as possible, while trying not to spread the glue all around the holes) but surely they add a bit of realism to the engine.

Roberto

An engine to be proud of! Thm:

I always liked the look of that engine in the book. Your version is fantastic. You should be proud of that one.

One day when I get my act together I hope I can manage something half as nice as that.

I think I have found my next project thanks to you Prof
Don

Roberto Absolutely STUNNING :bow:
Well done you must very pleased with your self .

Rob.........

That's a very classy build. I like the black and the brass. Excellent work.
gbritnell

That's a beauty! Thm:

I also dig the Black and polished Brass th_wav

Great Job,
Matt

I agree with that other guy's comment, bling up the base to complete the beautiful engine work !!

The time and patience it took to do those parts, shows of itself in the final product.
You can see the wonderful paying attention to details, that you did, to make it a work of art.

That is a very nice intricate model build.

In other words...... WOW,,,, th_wav

Beautiful build Roberto! :bow:

Rick

Latest posts

Back