Elmer's nr 15 - fancy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavyD

Reaction score
Hello,

Hereby I present my first engine, my version of Elmer's Fancy.

It is my first engine and it's been a very humbling lesson to me. I've had to machine almost every part twice, but it's a good lesson to take small steps and not to think "this can't be difficult" (youtube makes it seem a lot easier).

At first it lost that much air via a gap between the column and the cylinder it wouldn't start. I polished the parts with fine valve lapping paste and now it runs easily on 7-8 psi. At last it gave me a good feeling and made me smile from ear to ear.

The conclusion it I'm totally addicted to this hobby by now.

Kind regards, Davy.

Congrats on your first engine, it looks like you’ve done a fine job

Thank you for the replies. It's always nice to hear some kind words (the lady doesn't like my new hobby very much).

I'm looking for a second project now, something not too difficult, but just a little set up.
Is it better to stick with some wobbler at the moment or should I go for a steam engine with real moving valves?

Thanks' Davy.

Hello,

Well done - looks snazzy !

If you want an easy moving valve that is very different from the wobbler you have just made have a look at the HMEM EZ engine.

That was my 2nd one and am looking for number 3.

Bill

Back