Elmer's No.35 Pump

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My long term project has stalled and as I had been given 4 week's notice of a visit to the Body Shop for some R & R (= hospital for some Renewal and Rejuvenation) I thought it a good idea to undertake a quickie project before absence from the workshop set in.

I've looked at Elmer's no.35 pump for a while and thought that now would be the time to give it a go. The only pictures that I have found of this model is one by Marv Klotz quite a few years ago, so it obviously is not one the more popular of Elmer's designs. Here is a chance to make it more widely known.

Elmer's final words in his description were 'Here's another project to keep you busy for a few evenings.' Elmer obviously worked a lot faster than I do, because I did not get it finished before my incarceration. Once back up on my feet and able to get into the shop again, it was finished off.

Here's the result:

Pump 1.JPG

Pump 2.JPG

Pump 3.JPG
Pump 4.JPG

The fluid is baby oil and I tried to colour it by adding some food dye! Not a good result.

And a video for those that wish to see it run.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Very nice! Corian base? whatever it is, it looks great. Thanks for sharing.
Yes. this piece even has the DuPont marking on the bottom!
I was given a load of offcuts (sink cut-outs and the like) some time ago and they come in handy for small model bases. It's easy to cut with a hacksaw and files well.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Back