Elmer's no 11 radial finished

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lensman57

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to say thanks to all those who advised me during the build of this engine, I have attached a photo of the finished engine and yes it ran the first time once I hooked everything up. I just need a proper air compressor to keep it going as mine is for very small air brushing job with a 3 Litre capacity and this is one thirsty engine.

Regards to all,

A.G

Radial no11 -2.jpg

That's a nice looking engine. It will look good on the mantlepiece (do we still have mantlepieces?) or in the display case. Happy New Year

Jim

Thanks Jim,

Yes I do still have a mantelpiece, it will probably end up there with the other
six or seven engines that I have built.

Many happy returns to you too.

Regards,

A.G

That does look nice. Is it mostly brass? Can you put a prop on that spinner?
That would be cool on the mantlepiece.
Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Many thanks, it is almost entirely made of Aluminium and a little Brass. All the inside of the engine is made of either 7075, 2011, 2014 Aluminium or EN1a Pb steel, the cylinders and the crankcase are 6082 and the flywheel and the bits on the top are brass. Tonight I ran the engine again and it does tick over with 8 psi, once I get the second compressor in it gets up to speed but it is not run in yet, it is now residing with my other Elmer's engines on a shelf in my room, what I call a mantlepiece, actually it is a junk room with everything of mine that my wife doesn't want to see.

Best wishes and regards,

A.G

Latest posts

Back