Elmer's Grasshopper

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weez

Iv'e tried both graphite yarn and PTFE packing in my Elmer's slide valve engines, with variable results.
Kind regards

Geoff at Inky Engines

You can use the wick for candle packed in grease instead graphite yarn and PTFE packing. I has tried the wick for candle with good results, i got idea from the old book about model steam engine by J. Pocock , printed in 1888. :)

Hi Weez,
I'm having a go at building this engine but I can't work out from the drawings what the purpose of the threaded hole on the side of the cylinder is for. Can you enlighten me?

Thanks,
Alan

It's the air exhaust. Not sure why Elmer threaded it unless he had exhaust piping at one point.

Congratulations Weez, a job well done and rightfully recognized. You've definitely inspired me to get going on my #33 again. Unfortunately I am in the midst of model airplane season right now.

Sorry I'm so late, haven't been on the forum much lately but any ways, beautiful work! I love the satin finish on every thing. Makes me want to get back to work on my Grasshopper build.
Gerry

Latest posts

Back